Manager of Driver Licensing Strategy and Programs
ICBCVictoria, BC12 days ago
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
Job Title: Manager of Driver Licensing Strategy and Programs
Location: Mgr DL Strategy & Programs Victoria
Hours of Work: 7.5 hr Day Shift (M-F)
Reference Number: 113814
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Posted Date: 2020/12/10
ICBC’s Public Affairs and Driver Licensing division has an opportunity for an experienced, professional as the Manager of Driver Licensing Strategy and Programs to lead the long-term strategy, policy development, prioritization and implementation of Driver Licensing initiatives. This role will be located in Victoria.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Driver Licensing, this key management role will be responsible for the;
- Development and assessment of the long-term strategy for driver licensing in alignment with corporate strategy to move the business forward;
- Maintaining effective strategic partnerships and business relationships with stakeholders, community groups and government partners;
- Managing the development, governance, and monitoring of cross-department business strategies
- Oversees the deliverables related to program development, such as business cases, cost-benefit analyses, risk assessments, benefit realization plans, policy changes, etc.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies under Driver Licensing;
- Collaborates with internal & external stakeholders to provide business context in the design, develop and implementation of programs.
You are an innovative leader, capable of building and maintaining strong and effective relationships and delivering results in a complex environment.
- Background in strategic planning and operational excellence is critical
- Knowledge of driver licensing policies and programs, relevant Acts and Regulations, policy development and road safety programs would be an asset
- Proactive and can anticipate future trends and identify risks
- Brings specialized expertise to create competitive and breakthrough strategies and programs •Has an astute sense of organizational and political dynamics
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
Along with experience in providing strategic advice, you have demonstrated excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills will include providing advice to senior executives, government ministries as well as internal and external stakeholder groups.
As a leader, you will guide and motivate staff to ensure an engaged and high performing team. Several years’ related work experience, including experience in decision-making support roles in government or public sector, and a relevant undergraduate degree will round out your qualifications.
Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for this position.