WHO WE ARE
KWENCH is a premium multi-service co-working and culture club that provides individuals and businesses with office space, conference rooms, fitness facilities, creative studios, events, learning, community, and food all under one roof.
Our highly unique, state-of-the-art facility and exceptional customer experience provide our members and visitors with a lifestyle of convenience by removing the busyness, allowing for flexibility, and instigating connection, and wellbeing.
KWENCH is dedicated to hiring people that want to pursue their passion and explore their talents. KWENCH is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
The newly-established Neighbourly Cafe & General Store is located on the ground level of KWENCH Work + Culture Club, and we are looking for a super someone who is passionate about specialty coffee, food, providing personal and impeccable customer service, and leading a growing team.
The perfect candidate will have a background in retail or restaurant management and is passionate about the local community, food, and relationships. With strong business acumen, you are a compassionate leader and sustainability-driven. This is your opportunity to lead Neighbourly Cafe & General Store to a new level and be an integral part of growing a new brand into a thriving business.
If you are interested in this position but do not meet all the qualifications below, we strongly encourage you to apply! KWENCH is looking for someone who is passionate about food, customer experiences and filled with big ideas!
Inventory Management & Curation
- Curate our selection of gifts and products, continually sourcing new and interesting products
- Coordinate with vendors, suppliers and order products and supplies
- Ensure optimal store conditions through effective merchandise presentation, accurate and competitive pricing standards within KWENCH policies and guidelines
- Monitor inventory levels, continually evaluating, replenishing and identifying problems with inventory flow
Sales & Profitability
- Drive profitable sales through the achievement of sales, profit goals, budget management and sales forecasts
- Proactively analyze sales/financial reports, economic trends and community needs to identify and respond to market changes
- Ensure cafe expenses are within budget and proactively identify ways to manage operational costs
Staff Management & Customer Experience
- Cafe staff management and scheduling, preparing weekly work schedules and finding replacements in case of staff absence
- Drive staff engagement, recognize and reward accomplishments and provide opportunities for professional growth
- Create operational plans; providing prioritization, delegation and clear direction to the team
- Demonstrate KWENCH values through compassionate leadership and holding staff accountable through timely, honest and respectful performance feedback
- Deliver exceptional service to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Interact with customers, resolve customer complaints and receive feedback on their overall experience at Neighbourly Cafe & General Store
- Assist in the development of new menu items based on customers’ feedback, preferences, seasonality and local trends
- Oversee food and beverage preparation and service, ensuring a high standard of quality
- Ensure relevant health and safety standards are adhered to
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience (hospitality, retail, restaurant or grocery experience strongly preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in hospitality, food and beverage retail, or customer service
- A self-starter with experience managing day-to-day business operations
- Growth focused with a strong business acumen
- An Interest in food preparation and presentation
- Previous experience in food preparation and service is an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to remain calm under pressure with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable working on your feet and lifting 30+ lbs
- Serving It Right Certification
- Food Safe Certification
Nice to haves
- First Aid Certification
- Experience that lends itself to scaling a business
- A love for giving gifts, good food and good coffee!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Ongoing growth and development opportunities
- Competitive wages
- Medical and wellness benefits
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Team training and social events
- An excellent work environment and team culture
- Salary: $50,000 to $65,000
- Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, occasional evenings and weekends
We will be hiring on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Do you have experience with food preparation or food service?
- What is your favourite local product?
(We're talking coffee, jams, jewellery, paper products, you name it!)
- Retail or Grocery Management: 3 years (preferred)
- Restaurant Management: 3 years (preferred)
- Food Safety Certification (preferred)