BC Assessment is currently looking for a permanent Manager, IMIT Planning and Governance. This exciting role, within the Planning and Architecture team, drives the implementation and ongoing evolution of BCA’s Corporate Portfolio Management Framework: a strategic approach to providing core capabilities of Intake Management, Project Management, and Project Governance. This position plays a key role in growing the portfolio and project maturity at BC Assessment by collaborating with the management team to guide investment decisions, drive improved business results, enable our technology roadmap, and offer uniform and transparent reporting for clear decision-making.
- Do you have a strong knowledge of the project delivery lifecycle and want to bring about positive change to a great organization?
- Are you a confident leader who wants to lead a team focused on innovative ways to transform the business and inspire change?
- Do you have a proven record of accomplishment of seeking, learning, and effectively implementing best practices from relevant industry sources?
- Are you a strong negotiator who is capable of problem solving for a diverse array of stakeholders?
- Do you have excellent people skills supported by a solid technical background?
- Do you want to join an award-winning culture and thrive in a place where work-life balance is possible?
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the intake process for ITS and the annual development of project portfolios including priorities, scope, deliverables of portfolio charters to ensure they align with the direction of the program area
- Liaising with a variety of key stakeholders to drive collaboration, continuous process improvement, and consistency in process and reporting
- Leading the research and development of new ideas and establishing business cases for innovative solutions to complex business problems
- Advising the business on innovation and technology enablement opportunities and providing direction, guidance and advice on the development of business cases to support BCA’s IMIT investment planning
- Leading the Project Management Office (PMO) and Quality Program to ensure high quality IMIT solutions
- Providing support and education on multiple project management methodologies around the organization and promoting Agile cultural values and organizational acceptance of Agile as an operational methodology
- Supporting project resources at all levels by promoting opportunities for growth, learning, and leadership
- Supporting related communities of practice such as Business Analyst COP and Agile COP (PM COP can be established by YOU!!)
- Represents and promotes the PMO to the rest of the organization and drives the understanding and consistent usage of its project methodologies
- Managing the development and ongoing monitoring of IMIT portfolios to maximize enterprise value and IMIT investments
- Managing the IMIT governance framework, policies, and standards
- Establishes and tracks PMO KPIs in alignment with organizational objectives to evaluate the health and status of all projects and programs
To be successful in this role:
You need to be an IMIT professional that possesses deep knowledge in the following key areas:
- The development process of an IMIT governance framework
- Service management principles for IMIT delivery
- Leading IMIT projects at a senior level
- Current technology trends and best practices
You also need to have solid skills, talent, and the energy to make a positive impact within our team! This role requires a leader who can inspire and deliver outstanding results, can champion change within a complex work environment, and is innovative. We need someone who can translate the technical to "lay person", work collaboratively to influence behavior, and introduce innovative practices in a customer-centric environment. We also need a leader who is committed to mentoring and developing staff to reach their full potential.
Communication is paramount. We need someone with superb communication and collaboration skills; someone who can easily build and maintain strong working relationships with staff at all levels within the organization. Strong written skills are also key for the development of plans and presentations, as well as the ability to generate understanding and support for these plans. Someone who has superior conceptual thinking, organizational and creative problem-solving skills ... and enjoys using all of these skills.
Finally, you need to see yourself as a strong change agent who wants to build meaningful experiences – in our team, the business, and the communities that we support. This role matters and we are looking for someone who cares, and wants to be part of something awesome!
This position is excluded from the bargaining unit.
Location: Victoria, BC - Uptown
Compensation: $104,300 – $127,400
Competition Close Date: Sunday, October 24th @ 11:59PM
- A university degree in Information Management; Information and Communications Technology, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Completion of Project Management Certification such as PMP or PRINCE2
- Completion of Agile Certification as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, or SAFe Practitioner
- Experience with strategic planning and business transformation in a technology dependent business area or information systems branch.
- Experience with developing, managing, and maintaining an IMIT strategy to support business goals
- Experience in leading, mentoring and supervising staff.
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years of progressive experience in project / program / portfolio management and implementing project management methodologies and tools
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years managing project management staff and experience in managing program and project managers in a PMO environment
- Proven background in managing medium to large projects
- Experience in implementing and managing Quality and Audit programs at project and program / portfolio levels
- Experience in Agile organizational transformation
- Experience in Digital organizational transformation
- Please complete the full application for this position, including your education, certifications and experience that are relevant to and/or required per the stated qualifications.
- Upload your resume and cover letter; once you submit your application, you will not be able to add documents.
- If a questionnaire is present, please complete it fully. Responses may be used to shortlist candidates against the stated job requirements.
- All BC Assessment employees must live in British Columbia. If you do not currently reside in, or live within commuting distance of the location(s) of the position to which you are applying, please make clear your relocation intentions as part of your cover letter.
Offers of employment are conditional upon a satisfactory Criminal Record Check. All information provided in your application may be subject to verification. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of qualifications and/or supporting documentation (e.g. copies of certificates, diplomas, degrees, driver’s license) as a condition of employment.
As a Provincial Crown Corporation, our mission is to create uniform assessments and trusted property information that supports strong and vibrant communities in BC. Our people are the key to our success - they drive our business, bring our values to life and truly help build communities. We value BC and also, truly value our people.
- Work-life balance – 35-hour work weeks and flexible work schedules
- Health and Wellness - generous extended health and dental benefits, plus other wellness focused programs and benefits
- Retirement benefits – including public service pension plan
- Career development – ongoing learning, leadership development and career development scholarship program
- We are a Top Employer!
- An award-winning culture – watch our culture video!
Visit our benefits page to learn more and know that if you join the BC Assessment team, your skills and experience will be valued and will make a difference in the communities that we work and live.
BC Assessment is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values inclusion and diversity. All of our offices are accessible and reasonable accommodations will be made to persons with disabilities.