Manager, Financial Operations - (140285)
Island Healthvictoria, bc16 days ago
Close Date: Apr. 16 2021
Location: Royal Jubilee Hospital - Victoria, BC V8R 1J8 CA (Primary)
Travel Requirement: Travel between multiple sites may be required
Shift Start Time/End Time: 8:00-16:00
Days Off: Weekend/Stats
Vacancy Type: Regular FT
Salary Range (Hourly Rate): $47.55 - $68.35
Bi-weekly Hours: 75
Planned Start Date: Apr. 27 2021
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The Manager, Financial Operations provides expertise in establishing financial controls and financial processes at the operational levels of Island Health. Primary responsibilities include preparation and documentation of the financial controls processes, risk assessments, design and implementation of processes and controls and evaluating, reporting and resolving control deficiencies to ensure the design adequacy and operating effectiveness of financial controls at an operational level. Working closely with leaders across the organization, this role will identify opportunities to improve processes, propose changes and strategies for improvement and be responsible for the successful implementation of the changes.
QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (i.e. Accounting, Finance) with a minimum of seven (7) years' recent, related experience in financial planning and business support role including auditing, a Chartered Professional Accountant designation, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong understanding of accounting and financial processes including risk and financial controls;
- Ability to understand and apply laws, regulations, and compliance requirements;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions;
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task and accurately work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with effective listening and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated track record of making analysis-supported recommendations and leading cross-functional change;
- Proven strong critical analytical abilities, thinking skills, a history of innovative thought;
- Effective/collaborative leadership style with strong influencing skills;
- Agility and ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently;
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
LEADS in a Caring Environment Framework: https://www.leadscanada.net/site/framework
Link to Full Job Description: https://jd.viha.ca/JD4674.pdf