Location: Victoria, BC
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Salary: Exempt Band 6, MIN $89,700.00 - MAX $132,500.00
Closing Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 08/15/2022
Placement in the salary range is determined by an assessment of knowledge, skills, experience and ability of the candidate to meet the key requirements of the job. In addition, our pay philosophy is to align with the median of the range and be considerate of internal equity comparisons.
Are we right for you...
We’re passionate about people and creating sustainable, safe and affordable public transit solutions to residents across BC. We are an organization that has a people-first approach and considers people first in every business decision that we make. We are part of the solution and what we do matters; from fighting climate change with battery electric buses, to affordability through cost effective transportation, to connecting remote communities, we bring the heart, soul and innovation to public transportation.
It’s an exciting time to be in public transportation sector and we’re looking for a creative and passionate leader to join our team. Not only would you be joining an engaged organization but you’d also get to enjoy flexible work arrangements, extended benefits and a pension plan as just a few of the benefits BC Transit employees are eligible for. Keep reading to find out if this role is meant for you!
What you'll be doing...
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Procurement, the Contract Manager is responsible for the development of BC Transit appropriate contracting strategies and templates for various contracted categories. In addition, the Contract Manager provides back up and surge support to the Procurement team as needed. The work of the Contract Management team ensures the development and use of appropriate contracts, processes and documents, contributing to the effective delivery of procurement services and achieving desired business outcomes.
The Manager allocates Senior Contract Analysts to specific projects, and oversees and monitors the team’s multiple projects. Coaching and guidance are provided to guide the Contract Analysts as they resolve issues. The Manager takes a more active role in procurements and contract with higher complexity.
Updates, advice, and recommendations are routinely provided to the Director, Strategic Procurement to inform broader planning and decision making. As part of the branch management team, the Manager works with fellow branch Managers to foster information sharing and collaboration across units to support an integrated and effective procurement system for the department.
What you'll bring to the table...
We value lifelong learners and have found the following combination of education and experience allows people to be successful in this role:
- Experience in a business related role with recent progressive purchasing and/or contract negotiation and supplier management.
- In-depth knowledge of procurement/contract law
- In-depth knowledge of competitive bid processes
- In-depth knowledge and experience with commercial contract law
- In-depth leadership experience in contract management and negotiations
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business, financial, technical and legal issues and develop solutions
- Excellent facilitation and stakeholder engagement skills
- Excellent business and political acumen
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
What we'll bring to the table...
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits to support you and your family, regardless of what life throws at you.
- Membership in a “gold plated” defined benefit pension plan, meaning it’s the best in the Province and one of the best in the country; putting you in a strong position when it comes time to retire.
- Access to fitness and lifestyle centers to help you take care of your physical fitness and health.
- Various programs that support employees such as an Employee Assistance Program and health and wellness initiatives and events aimed at fostering your mental health.
- A complimentary employee bus pass (plus taxable dependent passes).
- A corporate learning and development program to help you in continuous career growth.
- An employee recognition program where we all recognize each other's successes (not just your Leaders!).
- A social club that gives you access to events throughout Victoria.
What next steps could look like...
- Interviews will take place between August 29th to 31st.
- An assignment or presentation may be included as part of the recruitment process.
- The position requires the completion of a Criminal Record Check or Vulnerable Sector Search.
- An eligibility list may be established for future full time regular and full time temporary vacancies
- If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how we can assist you.
- BC Transit is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. If the organization identifies this position as a reasonable accommodation for an existing employee, all candidates will be notified as soon as reasonably possible.
To keep our team members, customers and the communities we serve safe, we have introduced an interim Employee Mandatory Vaccination Policy intended to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. BC Transit requires proof of being fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Please be aware that your appointment to this position is conditional on meeting and maintaining the definition of being "fully vaccinated" as per the definition of Health Canada. Any employee providing false or misleading information, may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for a role. Thanks in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.