The Cridge Centre for the Family is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor.
WORKSITE ADDRESS: 1307 Hillside Avenue and our other sites in the city
PERSONAL AUTO USE: may be required
HOURS PER WEEK: 40 hours per week
START DATE: as soon as possible
STARTING WAGE RANGE: $65k-$70k
NATURE OF POSITION: Are you a person who can put your skills to use in a wide variety of areas – plumbing, electrical, painting, carpentry, masonry, mechanical and more? You will be responsible to oversee the general repair and upkeep of The Cridge property, including mechanical systems, maintenance and upkeep of the grounds (7 acres) for all sites either directly or by contract. This position also requires the ability to provide administrative and program support to ensure smooth and safe operations as well as the ability to inspect facilities, prepare work schedules, and delegate work.
- A minimum of five years working in general trades
- Ability to be self-motivated and to display initiative
- Knowledge of current Building Codes
- Proven supervisory and training skills; Good organizational and planning skills
- Ability to manage paperwork and documentation and to communicate effectively
- Computer literate, Enterpass system, phone systems
- A mature interest in and understanding of the challenges faced by Cridge clients, residents, and children; Knowledge of and sensitivity of dangers to clients/children and residents
- Must be physically fit and able to meet the physical demands of the role, including heavy lifting, extensive walking, being on your feet all day, working outdoors in all kinds of weather
· A grade 12 Diploma, and a valid tradesman certificate or an acceptable combination of training and experience.
· First Aid, CPR
· Criminal Record Check will be required.
· Class 4 Driver's License (Class 2 must be held or obtained within 3 months of hire)
· Comfortable with heights is an asset
· Due to the physical demands of the position, a high level of personal fitness is required.
· Ability to complete tasks in welding, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, appliance repair, mechanical and electronics and read blueprints
· Class 2 or 4 driver’s license.
· Fire Safety Training
· A desire and capability to learn new skills and acquire knowledge.
· Trade certificate in any of the following: plumbing, electrical, painting, carpentry, masonry, mechanical are considered an asset
PLEASE FORWARD APPLICATIONS TO THE ATTENTION OF:
Adam Richards, Chief Executive Officer
The Cridge Centre for the Family,
1307 Hillside Ave Victoria BC V8T 0A2