apply online by July 21, 2022
Ministry of Land, Water, and Resource Stewardship
Lead Solutions Architect
$79,530.36 - $90,884.16 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
Natural Resource Information and Digital Services (NRIDS) is leading the modernization and transformation of business practices for the NRM through continuous improvement projects, new technology options and operational information management/information technology (IM/IT). NRIDS is providing leadership for IM/IT planning, policy and business process solutions and is also the single authority for all information and technology across the NRM.
As a Lead Solutions Architect your role is to lead, guide, plan and design technical architectures and platforms in support of Ministry or Government strategic and operational goals. You will lead and support project and product teams concerned with the implementation of new infrastructure, applications and digital services that will support the business applications and data resources of the Ministry or Government. You will also devise ways to efficiently share common services and technology components in a secure environment.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree, diploma, certification or equivalent in computer science or related discipline.
- Experience in the following areas:
- Public cloud services
- Container Platforms such as Kubernetes and Openshift
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Modern security practices
- API and integration patterns
- Modern data architectures (e.g. event driven architectures, data democratization)
- Experience supervising staff and providing technical advice to development teams.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have a background in the Natural Resource Sector, geospatial technologies and recent expertise architecting and delivering cloud services.