Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
Victoria, Prince George, or Coquitlam
We offer flexible work arrangements, including the opportunity to volunteer to telework part-time (with conditions) as set out in applicable employer policies.
Lead Data Architect
$79,530.36 - $90,884.16 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure plans and improves transportation networks, builds new infrastructure, provides transportation services, and implements transportation policies, to allow for the safe and efficient movement of people and goods.
The Lead Data Architect provides expert direction, outlines broad context, determines major long-term strategic priorities, develops policies and sets standards for data administration and the ministry’s data architecture, ensuring integrity for the ministry’s data resource, and making the ministry a leader in managing information for effective business use.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in information technology, computer science or equivalent AND four years of related experience; OR,
- Diploma in information technology, computer science or equivalent AND five years of related experience; OR,
- A Certificate, program completion, or some course work, AND six years related experience; OR,
- An equivalent combination of related education, training AND seven years related experience may be considered.
- 2 years of experience developing Data Architecture standards and ensuring compliance.
- 2 years of experience providing Data Architecture services in a development environment using standard data modelling and database tools.
- 2 years of experience supervising staff or contractors and leading project teams.
- Experience in information resource management, corporate data design, data modeling, data analysis, data warehousing and data management principles.
- Experience developing data architecture designs for complex enterprise systems including data integration.
- Experience working with a variety of Data Systems such as MS SQL Server, PostGreSQL or Oracle.