We all know the woes of the monotonous 9 to 5 job. Every day you give a cheery “Good Morning!” to Linda in Finance and she hums the same story you've heard for 4 months. You sit down at the same desk every day, thinking about your goals and aspirations but knowing that they’ll have to take a back seat while you work away at a job that does nothing to fulfill your ambitions. “Is this going to be me in 20 years?", you have to ask yourself. Pilothouse is looking for ENTREPRENEURS! We want to buck that trend and find people with the ambitions of a self-starter. Do you like having a personal stake in your work? A pride for what you do? PREPARE FOR LIFTOFF! Come be our next great pilot.
We’re looking for people with a passion for marketing who want to learn more about media buying and Facebook advertising.
Candidates ideally have:
- An eagerness for professional development and learning
- Knowledge of and some experience within media buying and Facebook advertising spaces
- Familiarity with creating and optimizing paid marketing content
It's not mandatory that applicants possess all of the experience listed above. In your application, please include a description of all experience relevant to the position. Also please include a brief explanation for why you're interested in the paid media space.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Become a quarterback in the game that is media buying
- Have a drive to learn as much as possible, as quickly as possible
- Be the middle-person between helping clients achieve their dreams and communicating with your internal team
- Be responsible for setting strategic direction, building and communicating timelines and managing deliverables
- Implement opportunities to optimize on an ongoing basis, to scale results for clients
- Create and manage high-performing paid acquisition campaigns
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, in a fast-paced team environment
- Work with copywriters and designers to create and deploy landing pages and marketing hooks that increase conversion rates and the overall performance of your campaigns
- Constantly review and optimize the full user journey, lowering the Cost Per Acquisition (CPA) of each campaign to ensure that targets and goals are being met, or better: surpassed
- Present findings, and report on results: What is working and why? What are the next opportunities? How can we best scale the campaign?
Don't worry, our brilliant team of media buyers are here to help you along the way. At Pilothouse you will work with a team that has years of media buying experience who want to learn from you just as much as you will from them.
** THIS APPLICATION HAS A CASE STUDY COMPONENT **
Only applicants who submit a completed case study will be eligible for consideration for this role.
Answers may be brief.
Practice Case for a local Victoria email newsletter:
- You’ve just been hired to run paid advertisements on Facebook for VicNews, a local newsource. The objective of your campaigns is to acquire email subscribers to their daily newsletter.
- This newsletter is sent out to all subscribers daily at 7am and is a compilation of news articles from around Victoria.
- Your budget is approximately $300.00 CAD/Day.
- They’re hoping to drive email sign ups for under $2.00.
Answer the following in your application (answers can be brief):
- What are some of the key factors you would consider when building out your advertising campaigns?
- What are some of the challenges you might face on this account?
- What style of ads do you think would perform best and how would you compare results?
- Any cool ideas you'd want to test?
Along with your resume, cover letter and case study, please include a brief explanation of why you are interested in the paid media space. Feel free to include an example of some of the awesome things you've done that make you stand out - the nerdier the better.
If you love a challenge and are motivated to succeed in an innovative working environment, we're looking forward to meeting you!
We appreciate your time and thank all applicants for their interest, but will only be responding to shortlisted applicants.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00-$50,000.00 per year + Performance Incentives + Benefits
- Casual dress
- Remote work
- Flexible work schedule
- Great location - right in the heart of downtown Victoria
- Commuter friendly - we have bike storage inside our office
- Dog friendly
- Beer on tap - cold, local beer waiting for you
- Fun events - we host virtual company events to focus on fun and growth