Junior Accounting Assistant
Pilothouse DigitalVictoria, BC2 months ago
We're looking for an experienced administrator who is hyper organized, has great attention to detail and is good with numbers. Accounting experience is a strong asset, initiative and accountability is a must. Since Pilothouse is growing fast we are rapidly evolving our processes and looking for someone who can evolve with us. The main focus for this position is to maintain up to date account receivable and payable records and assist the Financial Controller with report generation, collections and a variety of other tasks.
Immediate Duties Include:
- Navigating and working within Xero
- Reporting and recording in Google Sheets
- Reconciling client payments
- Assisting with payroll across two companies and several countries
- Accounts receivable/ payable (you must be comfortable contacting clients if they haven’t paid and working with them to find a solution)
- Tracking monthly expenses
- Ensuring appropriate coding of transactions
- Financial Reporting
- Working with outsourced contractors to streamline our accounting and bookkeeping processes
- Assisting with various projects and directed by the Financial Controller
Growth Areas Include:
- Monthly invoicing
- Commission Management
- General Ledger adjustments
- Managing bank accounts and credit cards
Along with your resume and cover letter, please include the following:
- An overview of your prior administration experience.
- A process you've implemented in the past, and how it worked out.
We appreciate your time and thank all applicants for their interest, but will only be responding to shortlisted applicants.
The Pilothouse team is stoked to meet you!
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $35,000.00 to $45,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Remote work
- Flexible work schedule
- Great location - right in the heart of downtown Victoria
- Commuter friendly - we have bike storage inside our office
- Dog friendly
- Beer on tap - cold, local beer waiting for you
- Fun events - we host virtual company events to focus on fun and growth