Pallan and Associates is a newly established accounting firm in beautiful Victoria, BC. We are a small and experienced team, with an office culture like no other. We help our clients succeed personally and professionally, and consistently deliver top-quality information and advice. We are actively involved in the community and commit our time and expertise to help make Victoria a wonderful place to live.
You are a self-motivated and detail-oriented accounting professional who thrives in a fast-paced and casual work environment. You take pride in your ability to deliver accurate and timely work for your clients and co-workers. Our ideal candidate is a team player who takes their work seriously, but not themselves. We are an innovative and energetic team and are looking for a like-minded person that appreciates a relaxed and social culture but is also willing to work hard to deliver a high standard of work when deadlines need to be met.
• Assistance in preparing T4 and T5 slips
• Preparation and filing of WCB returns for clients
• Preparation of corporate year-ends for both compilation and possibly review engagements
(depending on experience)
• Preparation of personal tax returns
• Communication with clients to answer questions and offer accounting and tax advice
• Interaction with CRA to obtain information and resolve issues as necessary
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE:
• 3+ years of public accounting experience
• Professional Designation (CPA) is considered an asset but not required
• Good working knowledge of CaseWare, Taxprep (Ifirm), Jazzit, Sage, QuickBooks and Microsoft Office
• Solid foundations in both personal and corporate tax
• Strong experience with the preparation of year-end working paper files
• Experience working in a paperless environment
WHY WORK FOR US:
We’re not your average accounting firm.
We have an open-door policy with all staff members and strive to promote a work environment that allows everyone to enjoy a balanced lifestyle. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes health and dental coverage, and numerous opportunities for professional and personal growth. We have a relaxed and social atmosphere and often on Friday afternoons staff get together to reconnect with each other after a busy week. In short, we work hard, but we really like to have fun too.
We understand that the world is changing, and we are open to the idea of staff working remotely on a full-time basis should a candidate be the right fit.
We have a brand-new state of the art office in downtown Victoria and offer a flexible work schedule.
We genuinely believe that everyone in our office plays a key role in our continued success. We are proud of our unique, inclusive environment that celebrates a commitment to clients, a sense of fun, and a desire to do our best every day.
HOW TO APPLY:
If this position feels like a good fit we’d love to hear from you! To apply, introduced yourself by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Pallan & Associates Junior Accountant’. We will be hiring on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.