Location: Victoria, BC
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Salary: MoveUp Group 09, MIN $5,158.00 - MAX $6,204.00
Please note: Wage rates are under review
Closing Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 12/04/2022
Are we right for you...
We’re passionate about people and creating sustainable, safe and affordable public transit solutions to residents across BC. We are an organization that has a people-first approach and considers people first in every business decision that we make. We are part of the solution and what we do matters; from fighting climate change with battery electric buses, to affordability through cost effective transportation, to connecting remote communities, we bring the heart, soul and innovation to public transportation.
It’s an exciting time to be in the public transportation sector and we’re looking for a creative and passionate leader to join our team. Not only would you be joining an engaged organization but you’d also get to enjoy flexible work arrangements, extended benefits and a pension plan as just a few of the benefits BC Transit employees are eligible for. Keep reading to find out if this role is meant for you!
What you'll be doing...
Our Project Coordinators are key members of our Project teams and we see this role as a developmental stream into future Project Manager positions.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Technology Projects, The IT Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the activities of projects in the technology portfolio to ensure cost, schedule, scope, document control and quality standards are met.
Under the direction of a Project Manager, the Project Coordinator is expected to perform tasks that range from the simple to more complex, including schedule and risk management, managing and updating project documentation, project financials, reporting, contract & task administration, along with project status updates.
Some travel is required in this role depending on project needs.
What you'll bring to the table...
- Demonstrated coursework in Project Management or progress towards a Project Management certification
- Relevant work experience in project coordination
- Previous project coordination of IT projects would be an asset, but is not essential
- Strong financial administrative skills, including cash-flow tracking and forecasting
- Proven ability to thrive in high volume, deadline driven environments
What we'll bring to the table...
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits to support you and your family, regardless of what life throws at you
- Membership in a “gold plated” defined benefit pension plan, meaning it’s the best in the Province and one of the best in the country; putting you in a strong position when it comes time to retire
- Access to fitness and lifestyle centers to help you take care of your physical fitness and health
- Various programs that support employees such as an Employee Assistance Program and health and wellness initiatives and events aimed at fostering your mental health
- A complimentary employee bus pass (plus taxable dependent passes)
- A corporate learning and development program to help you in continuous career growth
- An employee recognition program where we all recognize each other's successes (not just your Leaders!)
- A social club that gives you access to events throughout Victoria
What next steps could look like...
- Interviews will be conducted the week of December 12th
- An assignment may form part of the recruitment process and be sent to shortlisted applicants in conjunction with their interview invites
- An eligibility list for future full time regular and temporary full time vacancies may be established
- The position requires the completion of a Criminal Record Check or Vulnerable Sector Search.
- If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
- BC Transit is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. If the organization identifies this position as a reasonable accommodation for an existing employee, all candidates will be notified as soon as reasonably possible.
To keep our team members, customers and the communities we serve safe, we have introduced an interim Employee Mandatory Vaccination Policy intended to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. BC Transit requires proof of being fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Please be aware that your appointment to this position is conditional on meeting and maintaining the definition of being "fully vaccinated" as per the definition of Health Canada. Any employee providing false or misleading information, may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for a role. Thanks in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.