Investment Specialist Associate
As a Scotiabank Investment Specialist Associate, you will be able to learn the intricacies of financial planning by working alongside seasoned Investment Specialists. You will have an opportunity to master the skills required to build long-lasting client relationships - with the goal to progress into an Investment Specialist within one year.
In this role, you will learn, practice and apply the skills and knowledge required to confidently transition to an Investment Specialist position. This includes a focus on developing new wealth management business relationships, cross selling and up-selling to existing clients to ensure investment portfolio growth, revenue generation and meeting defined goals.
- Learn and master the skills to promote the development and sustainable growth of proprietary investment business by:
- Developing and implementing a structured business development strategy
- Developing strategic sales plans for prospects and existing clients
- Conducting outbound communications and cold-calling to prospects to remain top-of-mind for future business opportunities
- Providing clients with an initial review of their existing financial plan or creating a new financial plan
- Conducting complimentary needs analysis across several financial statements, including competitor statements
- Conducting market research to understand market trends
- Building and maintaining a market profile in the assigned market area
- Participating in local professional and community events and associations to develop your network
- Identifying opportunities to deliver community information sessions and financial seminars to grow prospects
- Networking with investment industry specialists while managing a small budget for independent marketing-based activities
- Identifying additional investment business development opportunities and facilitating the implementation of an investment solution and/or referral to the appropriate Wealth Management partners
- Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication by actively participating and contributing to one-on-one touch bases and meetings with team members
Desired Skills & Experience
- Post-secondary education in Business or related field
- Mutual Fund License
- Financial Planning Designation (PFP) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) in process
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as a self-motivated entrepreneur
- An understanding of the Brokerage / Wealth Management and Online Brokerage environments
- A valid driver's license and access to a vehicle, in order to travel to meet clients and prospects within the designated district
- Second language an asset depending on target markets
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Victoria
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.