Are you a highly experienced, ambitious developer looking for a challenging role where you can continue to develop your skill set? We are looking for a motivated PHP / Laravel developer to come join our agile team.
If you are passionate about technology and constantly seeking to learn and improve your skill set, then you are the type of person we are looking for!
This role reports directly to Alacrity’s CTO and will work closely with Alacrity’s Strategic Initiatives Manager. This position can be remote, with the option to work out of either our Victoria office or our downtown Vancouver office. To learn more about our team, please check out the "About Us" section in this job posting and our website at https://www.alacritycanada.com
Key initiatives include back-end calibration, front-end design updates, and strategic enhancement of the core product. A detailed list of the responsibilities include (but not limited to) the following:
- Discuss project aims with the team.
- Designing and building web applications using Laravel.
- Troubleshooting issues in the implementation and debugging of builds.
- Working with a cross-functional team.
- Testing functionality for users and the backend.
- Interact with SQL databases.
- Ensuring that integrations run smoothly.
- Scaling projects based on stakeholders’ feedback.
- Maintaining web-based applications.
- Ensure the appropriate security standards have been implemented.
- Minimum 2+ years of professional experience in software development.
- Experience working with PHP, performing unit testing, and managing APIs such as REST.
- A solid understanding of application design using Laravel.
- Knowledge of database design and querying using SQL.
- Knowledge and experience with MVC architecture.
- Knowledge of Heroku and Git.
- A portfolio of applications and programs to your name.
- Problem solving skills and critical mindset.
- Great communication skills.
- The desire and ability to learn.
- Previous experience in MLS/Real Estate applications is a plus