Why choose us?
There is more to Pension Corporation than you might think. We are an award-winning organization with meaningful purpose-driven work, where staff have impact and create peace of mind for those we serve. We have cultivated an outstanding community rooted in respect, where employees are inspired to have courage, take action, and be at their best every day.
Our new nine-year strategic plan, Plan 20|30: Our Future is Insight, will guide us from 2021 to 2030. To learn about our aspirations and objectives and how you can be a part of a people-focused organization that is grounded in operational excellence, visit bcpensioncorp.ca
What we offer:
- A variety of work options (modified workweek, on-campus work, or a hybrid of work from home/on-campus)
- Incredible campus with collaboration spaces
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities and scholarship programs
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs – lunchtime seminars, community activities and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Opportunities to give back to the community and support not-for-profits
- Seasonal events and socials
- A robust awards/recognition program
- Discounts on BC Transit passes, travel and accommodation, cell phones and plans, and more
BC Pension Corporation is committed to the health and safety of our employees and is taking every precaution against COVID-19 while supporting our culture of community and connection in our hybrid workplace. We have implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all new employees, as a condition of their employment, to confidentially self-disclose to the Corporation that they are fully vaccinated (two COVID-19 vaccinations). Details about the COVID-19 verification process will be provided at the time of offer.
We are seeking an Intermediate Information Analyst to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada.
As an Intermediate Information Analyst, you will work with a team of information management and IT professionals to provide information management analysis, privacy, and records management. You will support ongoing enterprise information management standards, practices and technology needs consistent with BC Pension Corporation information management strategy.
This position will be at the forefront of assisting staff adjust to leveraging tagging, metadata, workflows and realizing the full benefits of using an enterprise content management system. You will help establish governance, training, and support for information management across the enterprise and will play a key-role in supporting BC Pension Corporation’s transition to a Microsoft 365 environment.
To be successful in this role, you will have strong written and verbal communication skills, a knack for finding the best answer, and enjoy working with a diverse group of people. Bring your positive attitude and keen interest in organizing information to this exciting opportunity!
What do you need to succeed?
Degree in Computer Science, Information Studies, or a related discipline and one year of recent, related experience; OR,
Diploma in Computer Science, Information Studies or a related discipline and 3 years of recent, related experience; OR,
Certification in Computer Science, Information Studies or a related discipline and 5 years of recent, related experience.
An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be considered.
Recent experience providing business and/or information analysis and/or privacy analysis on small to mid-size projects.
Recent experience working with legislation, policies and procedures related to the collection, use and disclosure of information.
Experience with a content management system, e.g. SharePoint, M365, OpenText, HP Trim etc.
One or more of the following:
- Experience supporting an information or records management program
- Experience with information or data quality initiatives or metadata or taxonomy management
- Experience with BC’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA) and related regulations, policy, and procedures
- Information management or Privacy related designation (e.g. Certified Information Professional or CIPP/C, CAPPA)
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm PST on Jan 26th, 2022 at https://www.bcpensioncorp.ca/careers/job-postings
Late applications will not be considered.
Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in working with us. We will let you know about your status in this competition as soon as possible. If you have questions about this opportunity, please email us at email@example.com.
Job Type : Temporary, Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level