Intermediate Front End Web Developer
Echosec SystemsVictoria, BC3 months ago
Echosec Systems is a leader in online information discovery. Gathering millions of posts from dark web marketplaces, social media sites, and discussion forums, Echosec delivers an unparalleled level of digital and physical security to their global user base. Their web-based threat and risk intelligence solutions allow organizations to rapidly detect critical online content, so they can respond faster.
Echosec ingests data from hundreds of sources ranging from well known social media sites like Twitter and YouTube, to niche discussion forums like Discord, Telegram, and Gab. Advanced keyword and image detection filters allow Echosec users to monitor threats and get high priority alerts when specific content is detected. Security teams worldwide trust Echosec Systems to provide a critical layer of information about unfolding events. Whether the event is a natural disaster, a violent threat, or a planned attack against a high-risk individual, Echosec provides situational awareness and real-time information that mitigates risk, minimizes damage, and keeps people and organizations safe. To learn more about us and what it's like to work at Echosec, visit our About and Careers pages
Location: Victoria, BC
Closing Date: 28 Mar 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Category: Technology
Echosec Systems is looking for an Intermediate Front End Web Developer to expose the latest functionality of the Echosec platform to end-users and work with the team to continuously improve UI and UX on its unified platform. As part of the product team, you will work closely with the Product Manager and Lead UI developer to define and implement new components on the Echosec Systems platform. Components will be a mix of new functionality in data exploration and visualization, as well as improvements in user experience and performance on existing functionality. You will be joining a team that releases daily and feels confident in doing so by supporting each other through all phases of development, learning from each other, improving existing methods of development, and maintaining meaningful and comprehensive test coverage.
- Be customer-focused and work with the Product Engineering Lead to deliver on the product vision.
- Distil requirements and acceptance criteria for new front-end capabilities into fully implemented and tested modules.
- Work with the development team on constructive code reviews. Provide and take feedback on design and architecture decisions.
- Help resolve bugs and performance issues in the front-end codebase.
- Iterate and ship code in a continuous integration and continuous deployment environment.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of web and mobile UI design standards and patterns
- Experience applying UX principles to build consistent, reusable UI elements.
- Knowledge of one or more component-based frontend frameworks for single-page applications (Vue, React or Angular). We use Vue internally.
- Comfortable with SVG and CSS3 concepts including flexbox and animations.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (LESS / SASS).
- Experience with tooling like Webpack and Babel.
- 2+ years of experience working in an agile development environment.
Assets but not Requirements
- Some knowledge of test driven development and testing frameworks (Jest or Cypress).
- Previous experience with D3 / visualization frameworks.
- Previous experience in a hybrid remote/ in office team.
- Experience profiling code with the chrome development tools.