WHO WE ARE:
The Root Cellar Village Green Grocer is your fresh & innovative destination market for extraordinary food experiences.
We are a market amongst many, but our business model stands alone by providing an experiential shopping atmosphere driven by a passion for sustainability, and a locally focused purchasing philosophy.
We are a family business, founded in 2008 with a firm stance behind our motto ‘farm fresh, dirt cheap, delicious’ and a drive to brighten every customer’s day has resulted in our little market becoming a bustling community hub, now providing Vancouver Island’s largest selection of organic, local and conventional produce, a full service butcher and deli, a boutique florist and garden centre, artisanal grocery, dairy & breads, a bulk foods section and most recently a new coffee bar, bringing us to over 10,000 square feet, buzzing with over 120 employees.
At The Root Cellar, we believe that time spent gathered around the table is what connects us as people, families & communities. Good food is essential not only for survival but for our human need for togetherness. We want our customer’s experience of food to be extraordinary, beginning with their visit to The Root Cellar. To create this experience we seek passionate individuals, driven by a shared love of food, experience, and impact. We value integrity, candor, a sense of humour and individuals whose drive for excellence results in a more rewarding work experience for all employees. Together we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the community where we live, work and play.
Our Human Resources Coordinator role reports to our HR Manager, and will be part of a collaborative team inclusive of Ownership, Store Management, HR and Marketing Teams, with a main objective to support the successful implementation of the HR objectives of The Root Cellar. We are currently undertaking the opening of a second Root Cellar location and are embarking on an exciting year ahead as we create, manifest, and fulfill the HR requirements of this new store. Our successful candidate will bring enthusiasm, efficiency, and a love of the details to this project, ultimately contributing strongly to its timely completion and success.
This role is for a highly organized individual who is self-motivated, has proven Human Resources experience with a drive for overall strategic success. You are resourceful, creative, detail oriented, articulate, and highly self motivated. You are eager to contribute to a culture that is all-inclusive, innovative, and focused on quality improvement.
Within this role our successful candidate will participate in:
- Ensuring relevant HR procedures are followed and completed (hiring, training, reviews, and payroll)
- Recruiting the most qualified candidates and matching them to the appropriated job by screening and interviewing.
- Examining each position’s duties in order to ensure the appropriate training and skills sets are being met.
- Maintaining a strong understanding of the provincial and national labor law acts (BC Employment Act, Human Rights Act, WorkSafeBC Occupational Health & Safety, etc.)
- Working to enhance morale, limit job turnover, job satisfaction and working conditions.
- Aiding in organizational performance increase and improving business results.
- Supporting the continuous improvement of HR operating procedures and training programs.
- Increasing employment and HR policy awareness among managers and employees according to policies (equality, disability, harassment, etc).
- Contributing to the maintenance of performance reviews system for all Team Members.
- Maintaining Team Members benefits including the Employee Assistance Program, store discount, etc.
- Planning, promoting and executing company Team Member events.
- Execution of bi weekly payroll in Payworks, and maintaining the integrity and accuracy of personnel data within the system.
- Maintaining professional business relationships with professionalism, honesty, and integrity.
- Maintaining Team Member personnel files including annual vacation, performance reviews, documentation, training programs, etc.,
- Supporting Team Members and management team in participating in all extra curricular activities, sponsorships, and Team Member events.
- Protecting and respecting the privacy and confidentiality of all company’s information.
- Additional HR & Administrative tasks as required.
If you are a motivated contributor with solid HR competencies, a high level of personal accountability, and have advanced communication and team building skills and the ability to contribute to moving an organization seamlessly through HR change & growth, we want to hear from you.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE COMES EQUIPPED WITH:
- A degree or diploma in Human Resources.
- 2+ years experience in Human Resources & Leadership, preferably in a retail environment.
- A strong business acumen with a proven track record of creating positive results.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Payworks, and a general aptitude to learn software and systems.
- Strong business communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to manage confidential information appropriately.
- Demonstrates discretion, integrity, both open & fair-mindedness, and functions well under pressure.
- A high level of self accountability, an appreciation for details, multitasking, efficiency, and a love of organization.
This is a position commencing promptly. This role is entitled to a competitive wages, a culture of Teamwork, Collaboration & Continuous learning. As well as a 20% In-store discount on purchases.
If you are interested in applying for this career opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter. We look forward to meeting you!
* applications received without a cover letter will not be considered.