The Root Cellar Village Green Grocer1286 McKenzie Ave, Victoria, BC V8P 5P24 months ago
The Root Cellar Village Green Grocer is your fresh & innovative destination market for extraordinary food experiences.
WHO WE ARE:
We are a market amongst many, but our business model stands alone by providing an experiential shopping atmosphere driven by a passion for sustainability, and a locally focused purchasing philosophy. We are currently undertaking the opening of a second Root Cellar location and are embarking on an exciting year ahead as we plan, create, and manifest this new project. This new location provides the opportunity to develop, strengthen and grow our Root Cellar Family, and we are seeking applicants as excited about what lies ahead as we are. We anticipate opening in the second half of this year, so the future is glowing with growth & opportunity for our team.
The Root Cellar is a family business, founded in 2008. A firm stance behind our motto ‘farm fresh, dirt cheap, delicious’ and a drive to brighten every customer’s day has resulted in our little market becoming a bustling community hub, now providing Vancouver Island’s largest selection of organic, local and conventional produce, a full service butcher and deli, a boutique florist and garden centre, artisanal grocery, dairy & breads, a bulk foods section and most recently a new coffee bar, bringing us to over 10,000 square feet, buzzing with over 120 employees.
At The Root Cellar, we believe that time spent gathered around the table is what connects us as people, families & communities. Good food is essential not only for survival but for our human need for togetherness. We want our customer’s experience of food to be extraordinary, beginning with their visit to The Root Cellar. To create this experience we seek passionate individuals, driven by a shared love of food, experience, and impact. We value integrity, candor, a sense of humour and individuals whose drive for excellence results in a more rewarding work experience for all – together we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the community where we live, work & play.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a Grocery Manager to join our growing team. Reporting to the Store Manager, the Grocery Manager is responsible for the maintenance of the grocery and dairy departments through merchandising, ordering, receiving, invoicing, stocking, and promotional planning. The Grocery Manager ensures all store policies and procedures are adhered to by staff, and our high standards for product quality and customer service are upheld. Overall, the Manager models outstanding interpersonal skills, leadership, teamwork, superior decision making, and commitment to the success of The Root Cellar Village Green Grocer team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Plan and implement grocery, dairy, and bread product merchandising to maximize sales, customer satisfaction, and maintain overall store appearance
- Maintain all orders, receiving, pricing, signage, loss tracking, merchandising, returns and supplier credits for maximum profit and sales
- Control product rotation with all perishable items; manage floor displays to ensure limited product loss
- Enter product invoices daily, keep costs and pricing up to date and within desired margins
- Manage, motivate, train, and develop staff according to company policies
- Ensure Team Members are meeting established standards for efficiency, appearance, attitude, and customer service
- Handle all customer concerns and complaints in a positive manner
WHAT YOU’LL HAVE:
- 1-3 years of retail management experience, preferably in a grocery environment
- Experience in a specialty grocery environment is an asset
- The ability to multitask and work efficiently in a high-volume environment
- A passion for motivating and developing an effective team
- The physical ability to perform repetitive tasks, stand for long periods of time, and lift 25-50 pounds
- Full-Time availability and a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and weekends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills when interacting with employees and suppliers
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- A Culture of Teamwork, Collaboration & Continuous Learning
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- 20% In-store Discount on Purchases.
WORK SCHEDULE: Day Shifts, Night Shifts, Weekends & Holidays
If you are interested in applying for this career opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter.
*applications received without a cover letter will not be considered.