Location: McKenzie Corner, 1286 McKenzie Ave., Victoria, BC V8P 5P2
The General Manager (GM) reports directly to the CEO/Owner and is a key member of our collaborative and inclusive leadership team, working out of our McKenzie Corner location. As GM, you’ll be responsible for bringing our values to life by fostering a culture of inclusion, innovation, and continuous improvement while creating operational efficiency throughout the organization. Our ideal fit is excited to be part of our growth, helping us continue to seamlessly navigate change while increasing our market share.
While this role’s main focus is strategic direction, growth, and ensuring profitability, this is not just another desk job! Our GM is a natural relationship builder who thrives spending face time with their team and our customers, and can motivate and inspire others while executing on our strategic plans. You share our eye for detail, our focus on continuous improvement, and our uncompromising commitment to quality.
WHO WE ARE:
Growing up in British Columbia, the family root cellar was a place in our homes where we could always find good quality, garden grown, fresh & preserved foods. Our family owned market operates with a local focus, always buying from as close to home as possible to provide the communities of Victoria with the same.
We are more than your average grocery store, and our leaders are more than your average store managers. We’re a family business, and we’re selective about who joins us. Our bottom line is that we care a lot… about the products we offer, our customers, and our Root Cellar family. We put that care into action by providing a comprehensive leadership salary and benefits package with great benefits (including vision + dental), a bonus structure, development support and opportunities, and a 20% discount in our stores.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 8+ years of progressive relevant industry experience, including experience in senior leadership roles.
- A degree in a relevant field (Business, Ops, Economics, etc.) + management / leadership training or development.
- Strong business sense + proven track record of creating, growing & maintaining efficient systems.
- Experience managing + analyzing profit and loss statements, sales volume, margin and overall expenses to ensure growth + profitability.
- Proficient in MS Office, with a general aptitude for software and systems.
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and organizational skills.
- A passion for food and a love for fast paced work environments.
Interested? Send your resume to email@example.com.
We can’t wait to meet you!