Want to play a leading role in opening a new Cascadia liquor location? Want to be part of a fun, fast-paced, dynamic company with a great culture and incredible benefits & perks? Join us!
The Opportunity: General Manager (Cascadia Liquor)
The General Manager (GM) reports to the Operations Manager (OM) and has an exciting opportunity to play a major part in the growth of the company by leading the opening of a new Cascadia Liquor location (multiple new locations planned!). The GM will get to build a team, form a strong culture, make product decisions, oversee day-to-day management duties (including driving sales, ensuring an exceptional guest experience, managing expenses, improving productivity and profitability), be an ambassador for Cascadia Liquor, and enhance the brand through compliance with government regulations and policy management. The GM will be directly involved in the selection, supervision, and growth of a team; communicating goals, processes and policies; helping provide solutions for day-to-day challenges; coaching and mentoring; and supporting the education and development of all management and team members. The GM is a people-oriented, growth-minded leader who will be involved in implementing marketing and promotional activities to continually increase sales, maximize margins, and increase market share for the company to achieve financial objectives.
Position Details: Permanent, Full-Time. Hours of work will vary and may be irregular and will be those hours required to meet the requirements of your job.
What Makes Us a Great Employer? Here are some of the benefits and perks you can look forward to by joining our Team:
• Locally owned and operated for over 25 years
• Competitive salary and total compensation package
• Employer paid extended health and dental plan
• RRSP matching, variable bonus program, and anniversary bonuses
• Paid volunteer days and charitable donation matching
• Education and tuition reimbursement, and in-house training and certifications
• Annual health and wellness reimbursement
• Product and staff discounts to all our brands
• Incredible opportunity for growth, advancement, and leadership development
• Refer a friend… we’ll pay you!
• FUN working environment – theme days and annual parties
• Socially responsible and inclusive culture
· With the OM and other leadership group members, leads the opening of a new Cascadia liquor location, including recruitment, staffing, product decisions, promotional activities, and business operations.
· Inspires a team of employees to meet productivity goals and deliver impeccable & consistent guest service quality and capacity.
· Provides strong people leadership in recruitment, training and development, scheduling practices, clear expectations and follow up, coaching, and performance management to create great culture.
· Accomplishes revenue targets by creating action plans, communicating goals, inspiring the team, and following process and best practices.
· Reviews monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports with accompanying analysis of results in support of the OM, identifying variances, initiating corrective actions to deliver profitable results in the specific location.
· Ensures all cash handling policies, health and safety requirements, building and equipment maintenance standards are meeting company and government standards in all aspects of operational and team day to day execution.
· Provides input and recommendations for new products, programs and services by identifying new opportunities, suggesting pricing, packaging, and/or process changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; and tracking competitors in the marketplace.
· Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new operational and leadership processes and government regulations; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and maintaining strong community and business relations.
· Provides input for specific location and operational data on short term and long-range strategic planning and budget development to achieve overall sales and profitability goals in support of the OM.
· Such other duties as are customarily performed by one holding the position of a GM in businesses that are similar to Cascadia Liquor.
· Such other and unrelated duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Employer.
Required Education, Skills, and Qualifications: This position requires a solid combination of business management with industry related sales and hospitality knowledge, strong communication, and leadership skills, as well as:
· 3 to 5 years of liquor retail experience, with 3+ years in a hospitality management or retail management role.
o Experience must include direct accountability for achieving and driving sales.
· An approachable, confident, and service-focused personality is a must!
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage and motivate people
· Strong knowledge of and passion for the beverage industry
· Certification in wine, beer and/or spirits (WSET Level 2 or equivalent) is considered a strong asset
· The ability to lift 25 kg repeatedly and stay physically active throughout your time at work
· Strong skills in MS Office, retail POS systems, and office administration
· Serving It Right certification
Successful applicants must be fully vaccinated (defined as 14 days having elapsed since receipt of a second dose of one of the COVID-19 vaccines approved for use in Canada and compliance with any other related public health order, recommendations or guidelines respecting vaccination) and show proof of vaccination as a condition of employment and prior to starting work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. There is no exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with this position.
Who is the Truffles Group?
Locally owned and operated, The Truffles Group has been advancing Vancouver Island’s hospitality, tourism and beverage retail industries for over 25 years. During this time, we have grown from one employee to over 250, and from one brand to six! Our group of companies includes Cascadia Liquor, Flight Cannabis Co., Habitat Café, Heritage Quay Developments, Victoria Butterfly Gardens, and Truffles Catering.
Guided by our founder Don Calveley’s entrepreneurial spirit and dedication to business excellence, The Truffles Group continues to push the boundaries of innovation and service to create elevated guest and team member experiences.
We continue to grow and build our business responsibly and ethically on a foundation and commitment to our core values: Quality, Integrity, Community, Growth, and FUN. If you share our values, are exceptionally team-minded, and have a passion for leading by example and building a strong culture, we want to hear from you!
We value you! Your background, your perspective, your uniqueness, your talent.
We value all things that make you, YOU!
The Truffles Group is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to Caley Byrne, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this position sounds like a perfect fit for you, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.