As the Root Cellar continues to grow, we’re looking for a creative, positive, self-motivated foodie to join us as Assistant Marketing + Communications Manager. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing, as Assistant Marketing + Communications Manager you’ll be responsible for executing on our overall marketing strategy – from data analysis and revenue tactics to designing and implementing brand-building initiatives. You’ll be responsible for designing and implementing a range of communication activities and ensuring measurable results are driven from marketing initiatives.
As Assistant Marketing + Communications Manager, you’re excited to be part of our growth! You share our eye for detail, our passion for food and sustainability, and our uncompromising commitment to quality. You’re a refined communicator, you value organization and efficiency, and you thrive in a creative and collaborative workplace. With the natural ability to connect with a range of people from diverse backgrounds, you understand our values and our story, and you weave them seamlessly into everything you create.
WHO WE ARE
Growing up in British Columbia, the family root cellar was a place in our homes where we could always find good quality, garden grown, fresh & preserved foods. Our family owned market operates with a local focus, always buying from as close to home as possible to provide the communities of Victoria with the same.
We are more than your average grocery store, and our leaders are more than your average store managers. We’re a family business, and we’re selective about who joins us. Our bottom line is that we care a lot… about the products we offer, our customers, and our Root Cellar family. We put that care into action by providing a comprehensive leadership salary and benefits package with great benefits (including vision + dental), a bonus structure, development support and opportunities, and a 20% discount in our stores.
WHAT YOU BRING
- A degree in marketing, Media, Communications, or Creative Writing and/or 2+ years of directly related experience in a marketing/communications/administration role in the Grocery or Hospitality industry
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Publisher, Excel) + Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign), email + calendar maintenance.
- Experience managing social media platforms for business, associate ad managers + schedulers.
- Stellar organizational and time management skills, and the ability to think big, but also track the details.
- Outstanding project management skills.
- A creative soul and an analytical mind.
- A love of green sauce.
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to meet you!