Full-Stack Developer - Development Tool Engineer
Workdayvictoria, BCa month ago
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
We are seeking someone with passion for the entire software development process to help us build next-generation tooling to support our developers. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working across the stack -- from frontend technologies to backend services and CI/CD tooling -- and thrives developing software for other developers.
About The Team
The UI Platform Developer Productivity team builds development tools for a full-stack organization, assisting Client, Server, and DevOps teams. Our space creates the opportunity to work with a variety of technologies and situations. Are you the type of person who enjoys building bespoke solutions to a variety of real-world problems? Can you challenge the status quo to bring developers experiences to the next level? Are you excited to learn new software development techniques and patterns? We'd be excited to hear from you!
About The Role
You would join a small team of engineers with a wide range of experience and passions. You would:
- Design new tools to address developer pain-points.
- Maintain, support, and enhance existing tooling.
- Explore and learn more about the software industry to stay ahead of new trends.
- Work extensively with other development teams to gather their feedback and ideas.
- Bring your own experiences, passion, and individuality to the team.
We are seeking a developer who is open to working with a wide range of people and tools. The ideal candidate enjoys problems that have ambiguity and thrives on working with unique restrictions. We value our focus on putting our internal customers first and are always happy to lend a hand wherever we can as polyglots.
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years of experience.
- Solid software design fundamentals.
- Strong people-first focus.