Front End Manager
The Root Cellar Village Green Grocer1286 McKenzie Ave, Victoria, BC V8P 5P24 months ago
The Root Cellar Village Green Grocer is your fresh & innovative destination market for extraordinary food experiences.
WHO WE ARE:
We are a market amongst many, but our business model stands alone by providing an experiential shopping atmosphere driven by a passion for sustainability, and a locally focused purchasing philosophy. We are currently undertaking the opening of a second Root Cellar location and are embarking on an exciting year ahead as we plan, create, and manifest this new project. This new location provides the opportunity to develop, strengthen and grow our Root Cellar Family, and we are seeking applicants as excited about what lies ahead as we are. We anticipate opening in the second half of this year, so the future is glowing with growth & opportunity for our team.
The Root Cellar is a family business, founded in 2008. A firm stance behind our motto ‘farm fresh, dirt cheap, delicious’ and a drive to brighten every customer’s day has resulted in our little market becoming a bustling community hub, now providing Vancouver Island’s largest selection of organic, local and conventional produce, a full service butcher and deli, a boutique florist and garden centre, artisanal grocery, dairy & breads, a bulk foods section and most recently a new coffee bar, bringing us to over 10,000 square feet, buzzing with over 120 employees.
At The Root Cellar, we believe that time spent gathered around the table is what connects us as people, families & communities. Good food is essential not only for survival but for our human need for togetherness. We want our customer’s experience of food to be extraordinary, beginning with their visit to The Root Cellar. To create this experience we seek passionate individuals, driven by a shared love of food, experience, and impact. We value integrity, candor, a sense of humour and individuals whose drive for excellence results in a more rewarding work experience for all – together we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the community where we live, work & play.
Our Front End Manager role cultivates a warm, welcoming, efficient, and all-around outstanding customer service experience for all of our customers. You are a resourceful, detail oriented, self motivated leader who is eager to contribute to a culture that is all-inclusive, innovative, and focused on quality improvement.
We are seeking an experienced Front End Manager who is a strong leader with a hands on approach to managing people. Reporting to our General Manager, our Front End Manager will be part of our collaborative Management Team. Our ideal candidate, driven by their love of food, community, and teamwork, will inspire their team to efficiently run the daily operations of our Front End department while providing an exceptional shopping experience for our customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead, manage and inspire Front End staff to ensure a positive and memorable customer experience.
- Support a coaching and development culture for all employees, which embraces a passion for food.
- Execute the training and development of the Front End Team to maintain the highest level of team productivity, enthusiasm, and commitment to outstanding customer service.
- Ensure Team Member accountability, efficiency, and adherence to operating procedures.
- Ensure OH&S, food safety, and other regulatory requirements and procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Efficiently manage resources (people, budget, materials, and space) and processes to achieve organizational objectives.
- Maintain familiarity with your competitors and suggest new ideas to keep your category exciting.
- Identify areas for improvement in operations and customer service and suggest and implement changes and procedures to address these needs.
- Scheduling, Team Member reviews, and all related Human Resource duties.
- Work collaboratively with the General Manager, department heads and Front End staff to ensure that your department strongly represents The Root Cellar’s values, vision & mission.
- Handle all customer concerns and complaints in an effective and positive manner ensuring beneficial results.
- Maintain store and display signage to the company standards.
- Effectively respond to challenging situations in a positive and professional manner, providing solutions and proposing new ideas.
- Support co-workers and Management Team in participating in all extracurricular activities, sponsorships, and Team Member events.
If you are a motivated contributor with solid leadership experience, a high level of personal accountability, advanced communication and team building skills, and a love for food and people, we want to hear from you.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE COMES EQUIPPED WITH:
- Minimum 2 years management experience in a grocery or retail environment.
- Outstanding leadership skills; you serve as a role model for the department and all other store Team Members.
- Strength in written and verbal business communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- A passion for food and a love for fast paced work environments.
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to manage time efficiently and adapt to changing priorities.
- Flexibility to work a variety of hours including days, evenings and weekends.
- A strong business acumen with a proven track record of creating positive results.
- Demonstrates discretion, integrity, both open & fair-mindedness, and functions well under pressure.
- A high level of self accountability, and an appreciation for details & organization.
This is a full time position commencing promptly. This role will is entitled to a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits, and employee & family assistance package, as well as a 20% Team Member discount in store. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
If you are interested in applying for this career opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter.
*applications received without a cover letter will not be considered.