Food & Beverage Supervisor
Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe ResortVictoria, BC20 days ago
Posting Date: Feb 04, 2021
Job Number: 21010054
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location: Delta Hotels Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, 100 Harbour Road, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada VIEW ON MAP
Brand: Delta Hotels & Resorts
Position Type: Non-Management
With our diverse portfolio of locations, you’ll find Delta Hotels in world-renowned cities and prestigious resorts across Canada. Delta Hotels is a Marriott International brand and offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that's right for you. With more than 1100 managed properties and 19 brands you'll find Marriott International in your neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Delta Hotels.
Ensure staff is working together as a team to ensure optimum service and that guest needs are met. Inspect grooming and attire of staff, and rectify any deficiencies. Complete opening and closing duties including setting up necessary supplies and tools, cleaning all equipment and areas, locking doors, etc. Inspect storage areas for organization, use of FIFO, and cleanliness. Complete scheduled inventories and stock and requisition necessary supplies. Monitor dining rooms for seating availability, service, safety, and well being of guests. Complete work orders for maintenance repairs.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; and serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; and identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print). Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects). Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Notification to Applicants: Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort takes seriously its obligations under the applicable provincial legislation and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.