CLOSING DATE: Jan. 19 2022
Victoria Nanaimo Street - Community Access & Transitions - Victoria, BC V8T 4W9 CA (Primary)
Start/end Time: 0800-1600
Salary: $28.47 - $30.63
Start Date: Mar. 7 2022
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health), patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The Financial Administrator provides financial support in the administration and control of long-term care/assisted living facility contracts including the processing of resident rates, staffing, occupancy and direct care hours to ensure compliance with Ministry of Health (MOH) and contract guidelines. Participates in the annual health authority rate setting (HARS) process and addresses rate concerns. Liaises with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, identifies and investigates discrepancies, and researches, gathers and compiles financial information for reports.
QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Diploma in Financial Management and three (3) years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of principles and practices related to financial and budget management including ability to perform mathematical and financial calculations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues and conflict diplomatically.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with clients/residents, families/representatives and relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to problem-solve, make decisions and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant acts, regulations, programs, policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand policy and controls around the release of client/resident information.
- Ability to operate related equipment including the use of applicable software applications at an intermediate level.
- Business writing skills.
- Ability to type.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Link to Full Job Description: https://jd.viha.ca/JD4030.pdf
Additional information for applicants:
Area of work is Community Access Long Term Care - Nanaimo Street Site Please note, only applicants that are fully vaccinated (7 days past their second dose of vaccine) are able to work at Island Health. This position is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination order. This offer of employment is conditional upon you providing proof of your vaccination status prior to your first day. If proof of full vaccination (7 days past the second dose of vaccine) is not provided prior to the effective date, this offer will be rescinded.