We're a fast-growing Facebook Marketing Partner managing $3+ million/mo in direct-response ad spend for disruptive direct-to-consumer brands.
Alongside our team of ~50 members spanning Media Buyers, Copywriters, Landing Page Developers, Content Creators, Email & SMS Coordinators, Comment Moderators, UGC & Influencer Managers, we need more visionary Content Managers to lead the creative strategy for our brands.
Content Managers are founded on three cornerstones: Strategy - Creativity - Delegation.
Here are some example questions a rockstar Content Manager asks themselves when scaling brands on Facebook and Instagram:
- Which Customer Avatars are we targeting with this product?
- How can I strengthen the feedback loop between the Media Buyers and Content Creators so that future creative designs are based on performance data?
- What type of content does the account need to drive better performance? (I.e: Are click costs too high? Account needs more Top-Of-Funnel direct-response ads... Is traffic cheap but not converting? Account needs more Middle-Of-Funnel support content - both ads and landing pages - to build interest, trust and credibility).
- How do I foster powerful partnerships built on alignment, transparency, performance and trust with the Pilothouse clients under my management?
- What ad creatives, promotions and post-click experiences will best support users in each stage of their Customer Journey? I.e:
1. Awareness: Disruptive, scroll-stopping, pattern interruption content.
2. Interest: Product review and explainer videos, dynamic product ads.
3. Consideration: Unboxing videos, social proof, customer testimonials.
4. Purchase: Customer support content, complimentary product upsells, subscribe & save.
5. Advocacy: Referral program, review request.
- What is the end goal (the "Job To Be Done") our Customer Avatar is trying to accomplish? What content can we create (image, copy, video) to demonstrate that this product will help them achieve that?
- What new angles can we take in each stage of the Customer Journey to uncover new creatives that drive high engagement?
- Which ad unit/format is best suited for each objective? (newsfeed, story, carousel, vertical)
- How can we iterate 10+ new versions of existing winning ad creative?
- How can I quickly craft a content framework to communicate my vision to the Content Creation team? (the masters of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premier, etc)How can I quickly craft a content framework to communicate my vision to the Content Creation team? (the masters of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premier, etc)
- What additional resources on the Pilothouse team are required to execute my strategy, and how will I manage those deliverables? (copywriters, designers, landing page devs, shopify devs, etc)
- Lead the development of content strategies for a range of Pilothouse client brands.
- Evaluate and iterate on creatives based on performance data.
- Collaborate with the media buyers and clients to test new content, reporting key findings back to clients.
- Meet with clients on a weekly basis to manage the delivery of creative assets including user-generated content, video, photos, testimonials, and anything that will contribute to a lift in conversion rates.
- Work directly with our dedicated content creation team to ensure creatives meet the standards of our clients.
- Communicate regularly with team members and clients. Your voice will need to be heard.
- Study the latest content trends in the industry to coach other team members, steer projects and elevate digital ad performance. What is working and why? What are the next opportunities?
- Think outside the box to provide new ideas and conversion strategies. Create, test, repeat.
Whether you are new to the advertising space or you are a grizzled vet, we are looking for people who can leave their ego at the door. Attention to detail, hustle, and the ability to manage projects trumps experience. We welcome the weird and wacky.
The major platforms that we run ads on are as follows (in order of priority):
- Google Display Network
Have any experience managing content for these platforms? Let us know! We would love to hear about what experience you can bring to the table.
Please include your resume, cover letter, and any digital material you think showcases your creativity with your application.
We appreciate your time and thank all applicants for their interest, but will only be responding to shortlisted applicants.
Want to stand out from the rest of the applicants?
Select a brand, use Facebook Ad Library, and send us back some examples of great ads with a short explanation as to why you think they are effective!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $55,000 per year
- Casual dress
- Remote work
- Flexible work schedule
- Great location - right in the heart of downtown Victoria
- Commuter friendly - we have bike storage inside our office
- Dog friendly
- Beer on tap - cold, local beer waiting for you
- Fun events - we host virtual company events to focus on fun and growth