BC Assessment is currently looking for a permanent Executive Coordinator to support our VP, Information Technology Services (ITS) in our Uptown location in Victoria, BC.
BC Assessment is a Provincial Crown Corporation that develops and maintains real property assessments throughout British Columbia in addition to providing real property information. BC Assessment serves the citizens of British Columbia and has 13 offices throughout the province.
In BC Assessment, our people and culture are important to us. We work together to create a culture that appreciates differences in all forms. We trust and respect each other, and are invited to bring our whole selves to work. We are committed to making BC Assessment the best possible place to work, and through our efforts ultimately contribute to a better British Columbia. Our digitally agile, service-centric employees are productive, engaged, and work collaboratively in a modern flexible workplace. Our employees are at the heart of our organization and we are proud to be recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers for the ninth year!
We offer competitive benefits for our employees:
- Work-life balance – 35-hour work weeks, hybrid work options and flexible work schedules.
- Public Service Pension Plan – one of the best in Canada, allowing you to plan for your future.
- Health and Wellness - generous extended health and dental benefits through Pacific Blue Cross and an Employee Assistance Program to help support our employees overall well-being.
- Career development – we want you to grow and learn with us! We provide ongoing learning, leadership development and career development scholarship program.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.
This senior-level administrative position is responsible for the overall flow from Executive to Division Managers and Staff, participating in operational and administrative programs and projects, and developing divisional business plans and budget. This position is expected to manage competing priorities, flag urgent situations, maintain high standards of accuracy and handle confidential matters with professionalism and exceptional customer service.
We are looking for an administrative powerhouse with a can-do attitude and strong customer service perspective. You need to be professional, efficient and technically strong. You have to care about the work that you do, and be able to anticipate needs, as well as manage multiple and competing priorities. Communication skills and flexibility are also critical. No day will look the same, and you need to embrace whatever is thrown at you. You will be part of a strong team of administrative professionals, but your key responsibility will be supporting your person – the VP ITS. Organizational skills, technical skills, time management and the ability to problem-solve to find solutions are key.
Finally, you need to want to contribute – to our team, to the business and the communities that we support. This is your chance to join a great company and make an impact.
- Manage day-to-day administrative activities of the VP office; follows-up with the Executive Administrative Assistant, Division Managers, and others to ensure actions are initiated and/or completed;
- Develop and implement operational and administrative procedures and processes;
- Participate in the divisions development of plans and budgets and assessing operational risks, performance and best practices;
- Provide effective issues management by ensuring the Vice President and Divisional Managers are informed of pending developments, potential conflicts and sensitive issues;
- Act as a resource by gathering information, providing advice and recommendations, analyzing requests, determining priorities, and ensuring follow-up and appropriate documentation;
- Research and analyze information, including confidential and sensitive materials, gathers relevant facts and identifies implications and resource requirements; and consults with Executive and/or Division Managers on recommendations, options and implementation;
- Write or assist in the preparation of draft briefing notes, reports, project planning documents, issues papers and Board submissions which may be confidential or sensitive;
- Identify and prioritize training needs, organizes and provides training on procedures, practices, and policies to address competency gaps.
Location: Victoria, BC – Uptown
Compensation: $69,850 - $85,350
Competition Close Date: Sunday, November 27 @ 11:59PM
This position is excluded from the bargaining unit. BC Assessment intends to establish an eligibility list for this competition.
- A university degree or college diploma in Business, Accounting, Public Administration, or equivalent.
- 3-5 years related experience (with Degree or Diploma).
- Experience with issues management, risk and strategic problem solving
- Experience undertaking research and applying analytical skills.
- Experience leading or coordinating projects, and supervising staff or coordinating teams.
- Experience in developing, monitoring, and reviewing corporate and/or divisional business plans and budgets.
Note: Educational equivalency that includes a certificate or relevant administrative coursework plus additional years administrative experience may be considered
- Please complete the full application for this position, including your education, certifications and experience that are relevant to and/or required per the stated qualifications. If you are an internal employee, please ensure that your employee profile contains your relevant education and experience.
- Upload your resume and cover letter; once you submit your application, you will not be able to add documents.
- If a questionnaire is present, please complete it fully. Responses may be used to shortlist candidates against the stated job requirements.
- All BC Assessment employees must live in British Columbia. If you do not currently reside in, or live within commuting distance of the location(s) of the position to which you are applying, please make clear your relocation intentions as part of your cover letter.
Offers of employment are conditional upon a satisfactory Criminal Record Check. All information provided in your application may be subject to verification. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of qualifications and/or supporting documentation (e.g. copies of certificates, diplomas, degrees, driver’s license) as a condition of employment.
BC Assessment is committed to the health and safety of our employees and is taking every precaution against COVID–19 while building connection and collaboration in our hybrid workplace. Effective Nov 26, 2021, BC Assessment requires all employees, as a condition of employment, to be fully vaccinated and to provide Canadian proof of vaccination or a BC Vaccine Card.