Your company, your values, your career!
Coast Hotels is a dynamic and growing brand. Our culture is rooted in our values, leadership accountability, and the growth and development of our ambassadors.
The Executive Chef contributes to the overall success of the hotel by leading the creation and execution of the food and beverage strategy for the hotel. This position will also be responsible for maintaining a positive working environment in the kitchen while maximizing operational efficiencies, ensuring product consistency and maintaining high customer service standards.
- Leads the culinary operations for all Food & Beverage functions
- Establishes, designs and prices menus ensuring that they are current and accurate in both food costing and potentials
- Creates and maintains the menu syllabus for all menu items
- Ensures food preparation and service delivery standards are consistently achieved and maintained
- Secures and controls all food stock used in the kitchen to ensure minimal wastage
- Oversees the weekly ordering of food stock and supplies
- Monitors food costs and takes action to ensure that the correct margins are achieved
- Participates in all inventory taking and monitoring all kitchen stock levels
- Leads and builds a strong team of culinary ambassadors, through effective recruitment, coaching, mentoring, communication and development to deliver on the business plan
- Trains culinary team on safe food handling, safety procedures and ensures the safety and security of the property, the ambassadors and guests when completing duties
- Appropriate forecasting and budgeting to ensure labour costs and productivity management are achieved and schedules ambassadors to ensure proper staffing levels are maintained in accordance with any agreements in place
- Leads and inspects the product, including buffet set ups, displays and services delivered meet the Coast Hotels' standards
- Performs any other duties as required
- 5 years of experience leading a culinary team in a comparable hotel with a strong catering background
- Red Seal Chef certification and Food Safe Level 1 & 2 are required
- Experience leading in a unionized environment is an asset
- Hepatitis A vaccination
- Must possess culinary creativity, and an ability to develop creative menus and recipes
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Squirrel POS, Dayforce experience an asset
- Strong oral and written communication, leadership, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Self-motivated team player with demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking, team environment
- Demonstrated superior internal and external customer service philosophy
- Able to meet physical demands of the position, including standing for long period of time, lifting up to 30 lbs and bending
- Exemplifies Coast Hotels’ core values and enjoys working in a culture of accountability
- Able to work a flexible schedule, which includes evenings, weekends and holidays
Coast Hotels offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities & more!
Coast Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Coast Hotels would like to thank all interested applicants
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
NO PLACE LIKE COAST !