Since 1994, Navitas has been a respected leader in global higher education. As pioneers in the university pathway sector, we have trusted partnerships with more than 30 forward-thinking universities in Australia, New Zealand, United States, Canada, United Kingdom, The Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, Singapore and Sri Lanka. We provide our partners with access to resources and expertise to help drive large-scale initiatives that provide tangible, lasting benefits to students, faculty, staff and local communities.
Navitas is seeking to employ a Executive Assistant to the CEO to join our North American team.
The Executive Assistant (EA) supports the Chief Executive Officer of North America with day-to-day management and execution of all administrative tasks. The EA is responsible for preparing materials, creating reports, organizing travel, arranging meetings, and other duties that enable the Office of the CEO to work efficiently and effectively. The EA must complete work quickly and accurately, react with appropriate urgency to a variety of situations and requests, and take effective action on a wide variety of tasks with limited oversight. The position requires superior organizational skills, great attention to detail, the ability to manage tight and often conflicting deadlines, and exemplary strength in navigating multiple priorities.
The position routinely communicates and coordinates with internal and external stakeholders in other time zones outside of North America, thus requiring a willingness to demonstrate flexibility. Due to the nature of the position, it also necessitates the highest levels of discretion in handling confidential information.
This role reports directly to the Vice President of Communications & Strategy. Other key relationships are as follows:
1. President and CEO, Navitas North America
2. Members of the North America leadership team including:
- Chief Operating Officer, Canada and United States
- Vice President, Corporate Services
- Vice President Marketing & Recruitment
3. Directors of Navitas North America’s shared services functions including:
- Human Resources Director, North America
- Finance Director, North America
- Assistant Director of Partnership Development, North America
- Director of Government Relations
4. Individuals who manage Navitas’ individual campus-based programs, including
- College Directors/Principals in Canada
- Executive Directors in the United States
- Manage the CEO’s calendar, make decisions on his behalf for meeting requests based on business priorities; ensure accurate scheduling and appropriate time allocation;
- Provide high level and confidential administrative support to ensure efficient and accurate operations of the CEO’s office and all business affairs
- Coordinate internal Navitas calls and meetings and ensure the CEO has materials in advance, and minutes/notes are recorded/distributed as appropriate;
- Process and submit CEO’s expenses;
- Coordinate frequent Domestic and Global Complex travel bookings including flights and accommodations; assist with planning internal Navitas meetings/conferences including liaising with staff for scheduling and travel, working with meeting venue, arranging catering, etc.; Uphold a strict level of confidentiality;
- Develop and sustain a high level of professionalism among staff and stakeholders; Provide other general administrative support as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience supporting a senior-level executive in an administrative capacity;
- Post-secondary degree and/or training
- Excellent organizational, analytical, anticipatory, and written communication skills;
- Ability to make independent decisions and to juggle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive material with tact and professionalism;
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, build effective working relationships inside and outside the organization with varying levels of collaborators and accommodate working styles and perspectives of diverse individuals and groups;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Legal authorization to work in Canada
- Previous experience supporting multiple leaders who are not co-located and/or providing support to an executive who is based in another location and travels frequently;
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment;
- Prior work experience in an educational environment or for an educational institution;
- Valid passport and the ability to travel internationally and domestically when necessary
What We Offer
Navitas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and are a values-driven employer.
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks