We are looking for a goal- and relationship-oriented individual to drive initiatives, run events, and grow our membership base for our Vancouver Island publications, which include Capital Daily, The Westshore, Oak Bay Local, and Tasting Victoria. We're looking for someone who is a great people person and has a strong background in event management.
You'll be responsible for ideating, coordinating, and marketing events for our Island publications, as well as coming up with new ways to engage current members and identify and target new ones.
This is an exciting, full-time role, with bonuses on revenue targets, for a self-starter who is not afraid to take creative chances and meet new people.
This is a remote position based in Greater Victoria, BC.
- You have a background in event management, running things end to end
- You love people, ideally having experience in customer service, and can start up a conversation with ease
- You are a self-starter with the ability to work independently to reach targets
- You have a keen eye for detail
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- You have working knowledge of WordPress and CMS systems
- You have a great understanding of the Southern Island and the people that live, work, and play here
- You have strong networking skills
- You have great copywriting skills
- You ideally have some experience with graphic design (Canva or other)
- You're well-versed in capturing and sharing content in real-time
- You have experience working with project briefs and run of show lists
- You ideally have some project management experience using tools like Asana or ClickUp
In this role you'll have the opportunity to:
- Create and build relationships with locals, businesses, and industry associations
- Plan and run intimate, midsize, and large-scale events
- Manage all ticketing payment systems, invoicing, and pricing
- Work with teams internally to develop marketing and promotional strategies
- Manage all membership initiatives, including budgets and revenue
- Develop seasonal and always-on membership marketing campaigns
- Lead and execute the development of merchandising and brand collaborations for readers and members
- Manage the membership inboxes and write regular member communications, including monthly newsletters
Perks of working with us:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits.
- Full-time position with a competitive compensation package.
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy.
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture.