Capital Bike is seeking a dynamic, creative, and versatile person to join our team to help organize our largest events, Spring and Fall Go Bike Bike Weeks. This position offers the opportunity to work on large scale, well-established, and highly successful community events in a fun, flexible, and fast-paced work environment.
· An organized and driven event coordinator who loves organizing impactful and successful events
· A community-minded person who is passionate about cycling for transportation
You excel at:
· Developing and maintaining strong relationships with sponsors and community partners
· Organizing events and promotional campaigns that are exciting, relevant, and fun
· Written and verbal communication; time management
· A people person who enjoys working in a small, high-energy team environment
Capital Bike is a non-profit society that aims to help get more people biking, more places, more often in the Greater Victoria area. Through events and education, we work to get more people travelling by bike leading to healthier, happier, and more connected communities.
35 hours/week. Contract position starting December 2021 through to December 2022 with possibility of contract renewal at end-of-term. Must have a flexible schedule, some evenings and weekends are required. Hours will vary during the week of the event (last week of May and September). No extended time off available March 1 through June 30. Hourly rate: $18-$22 per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to apply:
Please forward one document which includes cover letter, resume, and other relevant information. Please enter ‘Event Coordinator Application: First Initial, Last Name’ in the subject line.
November 3, 2021 @ 4:30pm PST
Full Job Description: