Are you a champion for the role of architecture in business transformation?
- Are you a systems thinker with a talent for recognizing patterns and opportunities?
- Are you passionate about data and eager to make a positive impact on a knowledge-based organization?
- Do you want to join an award-winning culture and thrive in a place where work-life balance is possible?
BC Assessment is currently looking for a permanent Enterprise Architect to join our Enterprise Architecture team.
This position plays an active role in the design and implementation of BCA’s digital future. The Enterprise Architect collaborates with individuals across the organization, promoting sound data architecture principles, supporting major technology-related decisions and governance, and helping business and technology subject matter experts design great solutions.
design great solutions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Actively contribute to enhance the maturity of the Enterprise Architecture practice and deliverables.
- Promote the alignment between Enterprise Architecture and business strategy.
- Apply architecture principles and methodology to the delivery of business value.
- Create high quality diagrams that promote a common understanding and effectively simplify the communication of complex architectures.
- Work closely with a wide range of technical and non-technical experts to ensure technology deliveries are supported by the appropriate architectural implementation.
- Facilitate design sessions and foster collaboration between technical and non-technical professionals.
- Provide your expertise and contribute to major technical decision making.
To be successful in this role:
You are curious, open minded, able to adapt and encourage others to adapt. You’re a true team player and a servant leader. You communicate well with both technical and non-technical audiences, and you understand listening is just as important as speaking. You pursue a clear understanding of the issues you are facing before you provide solutions, and you are able to recognize patterns across incomplete or seemingly disconnected information. Your passion for architecture design permeates the work you do, and your visionary capability is grounded in realistic approaches to technology evolution. Last but not least, you do what it takes to stay up-to-date with the evolution of technology trends and industry standards.
This position is included in the bargaining unit. BC Assessment intends to establish an eligibility list for this competition.
- Location: Victoria, BC
- Compensation: $81,750.39 - $96,176.57 annually plus 6.25% Temporary Market Adjustment (TMA)
- Competition Close Date: Sunday, May 30th @ 11:59PM
A university degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Minimum of five years of experience in system design and implementation.
Experience as an enterprise/data/solutions architect delivering a broad range of information technology solutions based on hybrid cloud environments is preferred.
Experience with information security, network and technology infrastructure design and/or maintenance is desirable.