Enhanced Executive Support Analyst - Temporary - Victoria,BC
Closing Date: November 30, 2023
Annual salary: $70,000 to $80,000
Bi-weekly work schedule: 75 hours
Location: Victoria BC
Job Type: Temporary Full Time
Service Delivery Unit: Enhanced Executive Support
In Scope/Out of Scope: Out of Scope
Term End Date: May 6, 2024
Please Note: The position combines working in an office environment at customer locations throughout Victoria, British Columbia and working from home. Preference will be given to Applicants who reside in Victoria BC.
Enhanced Executive Support is a select team of highly experienced technicians who are on point for rapidly handling our clients senior executive’s technology needs. This is a critical role in ensuring our clients leadership is always kept connected and highly productive. In this role you will be the Senior Executives’ recognized customer service point of contact and support guru who wields the expertise and support of our entire technology team. You’ll quickly build personal relationships with our clients Senior Executives to understand their technology needs and engineer tailored user experiences to support their work routines. To do so, you’ll also develop close connections with support partners in products, technical engineering, and networks to ensure seamless support. The nature of the role requires highly responsive on-site and remote support and may include some local travel to ensure the executives always stay connected. If you’d like to join this elite team of technicians, then please apply and let’s get started.
· Responsible for dedicated EES support for pre-approved EES Clients.
· Directly responds to EES Client requests, determines action required, and provides resolution. Monitors assigned EES incidents and follows up until resolution is provided.
· Provides enhanced handling, as required, for Service Requests by initiating or assisting with processes related to the Services
· Resolves difficult and technically challenging problems, liaising with tier 3 staff as required.
· Leads resolution of problems with significant impact working closely with staff in all service units. This position combines a broad understanding of all technical service areas and the client environment with accurate assessment of the problem scope and impact to minimize service impact to the client.
· Provides support for enhanced workplace technology provided by the Client (e.g. mobile devices, teleconference, video conference or other collaboration technology)
· Customizes laptop and desktop computers to accommodate new technological and user needs.
· Maintains multi-platform software, standard and custom applications for clients.
· Monitors Supported Desktop patch currency
· Completes standard service and statistical reports, and alerts Manager to current or potential problems with systems, applications, or customer service requirements.
· Liaises or represents Enhanced Executive Support Services in meetings with other groups, including customers, internal ISM groups, and service delivery partners.
· Provides enhanced customer care which may expose the Analyst to highly sensitive or confidential information.
· Logs EES Calls, Incidents, and other Service Requests in accordance with the applicable Baseline.
· Accepts calls from EES assistants, or other individuals on their behalf, and works through the requestor to resolve the Incident or to schedule a time to resolve the Incident.
· Provides orientation and instruction to high profile customers in systems, applications and protocols.
· Provides direct and flexible EES contact options to satisfy EES preferences.
· Provides remote support to travelling EESs.
· Upon request, performs scheduled EES Support at a business event within British Columbia, and provides remote business event support outside British Columbia, to ensure proper initial setup and operation of workplace technologies.
· Must regularly lift machinery, tools, supplies and equipment weighing up to 20 kg.
· Will be called upon to work non-core hours in support of the EES service commitment.
· May be called upon to provide EES “Home Support” in support of the EES service commitment
· Provides assistive support for EES’s personally owned assets used for accessing Client systems and services
· No Financial Responsibility
· No direct supervision.
· Provides content for technical documentation to be posted to the knowledge base.
Related degree or an equivalent combination of relevant experience, education and/or training.
Experience in the following:
· Troubleshooting and resolving PC hardware and software issues.
· Troubleshooting and resolving Windows and Mac O/S issues
· Troubleshooting network connectivity to printers and computers.
· Providing second level customer facing phone, email and onsite support.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience providing support to executive level clients.
Information Systems/Business Technology
· Extensive knowledge of PC Hardware, Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Server Operating Systems and networking
Skills and Abilities:
Verbal and Written Communication
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, at a level consistent with the need to provide outstanding technical assistance to executive level customers.
· Effectively obtain and provide information, of a complex and technical nature, in a timely manner and at an appropriate level and format.
· Deal effectively with resistant, demanding and sometimes frustrated individuals or groups at senior levels within the customer organization, while remaining focused on outcomes, and responding appropriately in order to: provide or obtain information (including information they may not wish to hear); clarify or resolve issues; provide assistance or service; achieve co- operation; elicit assistance; and/or ensure compliance.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships, including working with other members of a team in order to deliver optimal service.
· Mentor and coach senior executives and their supporting staff to optimize their use of technology while demonstrating superior levels of personal tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
· Maintain a professional presence in executive areas while providing increased support levels for VIP customers.
· Provide feedback on processes and procedures when required.
· Coordinate and organize effectively, efficiently and independently, one's own fluctuating workload in a variety of team settings; achieve results within acceptable time frames while sharing significant issues with colleagues; and take into consideration changing priorities, deadlines, volume, available resources and reporting relationships.
Research/Analyze & Investigate
· Assess problems and situations, refer to applicable policies and guidelines, identify practical and creative options and develop and/or recommend appropriate courses of action.
· Find ways to resolve technical issues by accessing knowledge databases and liaising with senior level technicians.
Information Systems/Business Technology
· Operate and troubleshoot a variety of computers, printers and Personal Digital Assistants.
· Apply information technology to find effective solutions to information technology problems.
· Learn to support new technologies as they become part of the regular support model.
· Proactively encourage customer’s use of technology to increase efficiency.
· Provide superior technical support and personalized attention to VIP clients taking pride in providing optimal solutions that over-achieve our customers' technical needs.
· In addition to regularly scheduled hours and responsibilities, the EES Deskside Technician must be available to provide after-hours “On Call” support on a rotational basis.
· Enhanced Executive Support Analysts are periodically required to assist on special projects and emergencies, some of which may occur after core hours. These additional responsibilities are an essential function of the job and are required to ensure continuous operations and minimize disruption to clients.
· Enhanced Executive Support Analysts will be required to travel to and from customer work sites.
Additional information for applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, a mandatory pre-screening questionnaire will be sent out after your application has been received. Please make sure you provide detailed information as ISM cannot make assumptions about your qualifications. Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined in the Position Requirements section above. An eligibility list might be created.
Applications and will be reviewed and considered upon receipt prior to the closing date.