Waves VetVictoria, BCa month ago
West Coast Animal Veterinary Emergency Specialty Hospital (WAVES) is a brand new independent emergency and multi-specialty hospital in Victoria BC open since April 2019. We are currently recruiting experienced Registered Veterinary Technologists (RVTs) for numerous positions within the hospital including emergency/critical care. WAVES is located in the heart of the West Shore, approximately 20 minutes from downtown Victoria. If you love the outdoors, and are looking for year-round recreation opportunities with a flexible schedule, then this is the place for you!
Our mission at WAVES is to provide exceptional specialty veterinary care. We strive to provide pet owners and primary veterinarians access to exceptional medicine with dedicated doctors and support staff in a warm, family environment.
We are seeking individuals who are interested in helping grow a locally owned and run veterinary hospital that will provide both exceptional care and a fun, warm family work environment that serves the community.
- Owned by hands-on veterinarians
- Flexible schedules
- Medical insurance benefits for full-time employees
- Fun events
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Cutting-edge medical equipment and technology
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Continuing education opportunities
- In-hospital communication and leadership training
- Paid yearly association dues
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential job functions, plus roles and responsibilities will be discussed during the selection process. These may include:
- Preferably, has a minimum of 1-2 years direct experience as a registered veterinary technologist (experience in emergency or specialty medicine is a plus).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as mental reasoning and mathematics skills.
- Willingness to learn, be guided, and pursue continuing education opportunities.
- Ability to be confident around animals, showing proper safety and restraint techniques (i.e. dogs, cats, avian, exotics).
- Understand that patient needs and work volume may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job. This position requires special hours including working evenings, weekends, possible overnight and holidays.
- Possess sufficient ambulatory skills in order to perform duties while in the hospital including the ability to manipulate (lift, carry, move) 50 lbs. or more; walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch intermittently, and stand for long periods of time.
An ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, an energetic attitude, empathy, and enthusiasm for helping both clients and patients. They will be committed to furthering their education, thereby providing the most advanced care to their patients. Additionally, they will excel at collaborating with their co-workers, our referring veterinarians, and our clients.
Our medical departments will be well-staffed and equipped to handle a busy and varied caseload. We encourage growth, innovation, and additional training. Each specialist is given a full support team including a dedicated technical assistant and ample technicians to ensure the success of their practice.
WAVES is comprised of emergency/critical care, internal medicine, interventional radiology/endoscopy, surgery, urology, and rehabilitation. To provide the best care possible, we stay apprised of new innovations, and utilize an extensive array of cutting-edge diagnostic, therapeutic, and monitoring equipment. These include a complete laboratory (Idexx), monitoring devices, digital radiography, color flow Doppler ultrasound, fluoroscopy, CT, mechanical ventilation and an underwater treadmill for rehabilitation.
Please email your CV and with a brief introduction that helps us get a sense of why you want to work with WAVES, how you think, and what you care about. email@example.com