Join the Quester Tangent Team!
Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established but growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train control and monitoring systems and passenger information systems that are an integral part of these networks.
Join our team and help create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world!
Reporting to the Hardware Engineering Manager, the Embedded SW Developer will work on a range of products including audio, networking, monitoring, and display products for transit operations.
Quester Tangent is seeking a junior or intermediate level Embedded Software Developer with a solid understanding of real-time computing in a multi-threaded environment, along with experience in C/C++ coding and debugging, network programming, and Internet and Ethernet protocols.
This position requires an individual who enjoys the unique challenges of embedded programming. Good communication is essential in this role to work efficiently together and maintaining project schedules and budgets.
How you will spend your day:
- Delivering network and application software for embedded RTOS and Linux environment on ARM targets
- Preparing requirements, design, and test documentation to IEEE software standards
- Developing unit tests in support of test driven development · Interacting with a team of hardware engineers, embedded developers, and application developers.
What you will need to succeed:
- Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of ARM microcontroller architecture and embedded real-time environments
- Practical experience coding and debugging in C on an embedded microcontroller platform
- Ability to create innovative, yet maintainable and testable solutions
- Experience with Linux operating system and environments
- Solid experience in troubleshooting and testing of embedded systems ; debugging with GDB or equivalent is an asset
- Capable of reading electronic schematics and component data sheets
- Experience with using and implementing microcontroller communication interfaces such as I2C, SPI, UART, USB.
- Experience with using and implementing data integrity error correcting codes such as CRC
Experiences that will help you thrive:
- Experience with Internet and Networking protocols
- Previous experience developing device drivers
- Experience with using and implementing digital signal processing (DSP) techniques
- Familiarity with software versioning and version control systems (Perforce/Git)
- Familiarity with oscilloscope, multimeter and standard bench test equipment
What we offer:
Quester Tangent is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens the company.
The salary will vary depending on your particular skillset and years of experience. Quester Tangent offers a competitive benefits package, quarterly personal days, and flex-time hours.
In support of a health work-life balance, we are proud to offer a full suite of group benefits, personal paid days off, and are located outside of the downtown core in an area surrounded by natural green spaces. We have showers and bicycle racks if you wish to commute by bicycle, free parking if you prefer to drive, and on a major bus route if you prefer public transit.
COVID-19 Update: Strengthening our workforce is the key to meeting our customers’ needs. We continue to hire talented people using safe hiring practices. This includes limiting onsite visitors and prioritizing video interviews. Our on-site protocols have been very effective in keeping our team safe throughout the pandemic.
TO APPLY: please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org *Reminder to submit in PDF format and to clarify for which position you are applying.