Overstory Media Group is an independent media company that delivers high-quality, fact-based journalism and storytelling to the communities we’re in. At OMG our goal is to empower communities – connected by geography, industry, or interest – with information delivered by the people within them.
We do this by identifying journalists, creators, and existing brands who share in this belief and provide tools, resources, and financial support to help them create in their communities.
Today we have 10 community brands across Canada under our umbrella. We plan to continue building – by 2023 we will add 250 people to our headcount and launch 50 new community brands. Some of the newsletter-based journalism outlets we’ve built to date include Capital Daily, Vancouver Tech Journal, Burnaby Beacon, and Fraser Valley Current.
We're looking for a data-driven, highly organized email marketer to manage OMG's CRM/ESP platform – ActiveCampaign. We're looking for someone who is highly analytical, and can identify trends to assist in the growth strategy and audience development of the company.
Reporting to the VP Growth, the Email & CRM Manager will be responsible for running and optimizing campaigns, managing metadata, and communicating and working effectively with a dynamic team cross-departmentally.
With most of OMG's publications being built newsletter-first, email is key to everything we do. So this role is a critical piece in our infrastructure as we look to the future.
This is a remote position, open across Canada.
- You bring experience working with a CRM/ESP, ideally having familiarity with ActiveCampaign.
- You have demonstrated success running data-driven campaigns for online brands.
- You have led or been a part of marketing and communications campaigns, knowing how to effectively target and convert customers.
- You have great organizational skills, ideally past project management experience, a keen eye for detail, and are highly analytical.
- You have the ability to collaborate cross-departmentally and understand how everything across the organization fits together.
- You have great interpersonal communication skills and can present data in a way that's easy to understand.
- You are creative and innovative, and aren't scared to generate new ideas and approaches to problems.
- You value honesty, integrity, accountability, and fairness.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to:
- Lead the company's CRM/ESP, Active Campaign, and be responsible for reporting, optimizing, and advising on best practices.
- Own email marketing to readers and leads.
- Manage all automations, contact tagging, data backups, and segmenting.
- Track all paid acquisition engagement and collaborate with the growth team to qualify leads.
- Run referral campaigns focused on growing audiences.
- Create and optimize multi-channel customer engagement campaigns to communicate value propositions and decrease churn.
- Analyze campaign results, develop benchmarks, and share regular performance reports.
- Ensure that short-term projects and initiatives match long-term company goals.
- Train new staff and ensure they're using the platform effectively.
- Report on trends, metrics, goal tracking, and working cross-functionally to suggest new campaigns and business strategies.
Perks of working with us:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits.
- Full-time position with a competitive compensation package.
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy.
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture.