Education and Business Manager
Recreation Facilities Association of British Columbia (RFABC)Victoria, BCa month ago
he Recreation Facilities Association of British Columbia (RFABC) is seeking an Education and Business Manager to support the growth of our Association.
The RFABC is not-for-profit member-based volunteer driven organization and has been providing its recreation facility operation expertise to individuals and municipalities throughout the province since 1948.
The role of the RFABC is to promote universal interest, education training, sound operating standards, professionalism and mentoring among all recreation providers, both public and private. The focus of the RFABC is the successful operation of all categories of recreation facilities and other facilities that satisfy the diverse activity needs of communities of British Columbia.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Education and Business Manager will direct and administer the educational and outreach programs of the RFABC.
- Develop annual course calendar by securing location hosts and instructors
- Maintain Cvent online course and event registrations
- Respond to telephone and e-mail inquiries regarding courses
- In concert with the Education Chair and the existing instructor pool, recruit new instructors and establish training schedules
- Research and develop new training opportunities and recertification of core technical courses, both digital and in person offerings
- Execute contractual agreements between the Association and instructors
- Assure our education resources are protected with copyright/intellectual rights
- Provide instructors with information on their classes and disseminate course information to students including manuals, maps, etc.
- Collect and file course exams and student evaluations
- Review student evaluations and disseminate information to instructors, Executive Director and RFABC Board as appropriate
- Maintain inventory of course manuals and purchase course materials as required
- Maintain the Associations database of courses
- Research and recommend content for the Facility 2 Facility magazine
- Edit webpage regularly with adjusting course information as required
- Assist in the Conference/Tradeshow
Qualifications and Education:
- University or college graduation in either Recreation or Leisure Studies, Business or Communications
- Completion of Courses offered by RFABC or a similar association would be an asset
- 3 to 5 years progressively responsible program, marketing, supervisory, and facility experience in the parks and recreation field
- Experience working with volunteer non-profit board members and contract instructors
- Develops and maintains an educational program including administration and outreach
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership and team building skills in dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to take a lead role in the education and outreach programs of the RFABC
- Understanding of online registration programs, website management software and social media would be an asset
The position is a term posting until December 31st, however depending on the qualifications of the successful applicant could become permanent in the future.
The monthly compensation for the position is $33 per hour for a 27.5-hour work week. This position accrues vacation based on 4% of the pay. Other than vacation there are no benefits with the RFABC.
For more information, please contact Dwayne Kalynchuk, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-250-514-7518.
Please submit your covering letter of application and resume via email to Dwayne Kalynchuk, Executive Director at email@example.com by April 20th , 2021.