As the Digital Marketing & Communication Specialist, you will unleash your creativity to generate original and adapted marketing content in support of South Island Prosperity Partnership’s (SIPP) marketing and communications plan. This includes championing our digital resources such as marketing automation software, website and social media. supporting the operations and MarCom team with planning and execution of events and tradeshows.
Reporting to the Director of PR and Engagement, you will be encouraged to use your imagination and content creation skills to create engaging materials, advertising and resources that advance the awareness of our initiatives to both members and the broader community. You will be responsible for planning, building, and implementing digital marketing campaigns across multiple channels and platforms. You will use organic search campaigns, paid advertising, email marketing, social media, and other channels to increase our brand awareness. An important aspect of the role will be your ability to work collaboratively and with agility, bringing your different perspective to company efforts to reach new people, build authenticity and advance our digital communications.
- Websites: Write and coordinate content across SIPP’s WordPress sites, including optimizing content for SEO; copy edit and proofread to ensure error-free content; perform regular optimization activities; create regular data and analysis reports to track progress.
- Social media: Assist with managing various social channels to reach SIPP’s engagement and awareness goals; implement SIPP’s MarCom social media increasing awareness; organically increase the number of quality users and engagement.
- Email marketing: Develop written and visual content for email campaigns and newsletters; test and optimize; list management and segmentation; collect data and synchronize it between systems; build workflows and follow-up sequences; personalize emails effectively, track and report on results.
- Video editing: Leverage your skills with video software to generate original and adapted content, including video podcasts, with focused and engaging messaging to support our advertising and promotional initiatives as well as live and virtual events; edit videos and create graphics for various platforms; liaise with videographers to direct content.
- Event support: Lead the digital planning and execution of various- sized events in support of the Operations team.
- Content creation/curation/optimization: Assist with writing, creating, editing, delivering and optimizing a range of communications-related materials, including blog content, social media, video, podcasts, photography, annual reports, brochures, reports.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Education And Experience
- Degree or diploma in communications, public relations, journalism, digital marketing or related discipline. (A combination of related education and experience may be considered.)
- Basic training in HTML coding.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing websites and social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Strong working knowledge of WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong working knowledge of Constant Contact or similar email marketing platform.
- Proficiency with CRM (Hubspot experience an asset)
- Proficiency with Google Workspace and Google Analytics.
- Proficiency in either Adobe Premier or Final Cut Pro or other video editing software an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; must be self-motivated and have the ability to meet specified deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, exhibiting courtesy, professionalism and diplomacy when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Flexible and adaptable thinker, with the ability to work independently, collaboratively and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to stay organized with a strong focus on details
- Innately curious and creative, with a desire to embrace a steep learning curve
- Excellent conceptual thinking and problem-solving at all levels; ability to formulate a plan and desire to drive that plan through to completion
- Comfort communicating with small and large groups of diverse people and skill sets
- Experience creating strong, engaging content
- Proficient English communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and proofreading
- Experience in a B2B environment is an asset.
- Employer-paid benefit plan
- Ongoing training and development
- Supportive team environment
- Working to enact positive change for the community
Please send your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com by no later than 5pm Tuesday November 30th, 2021.
Thank you for your interest in a career with South Island Prosperity Partnership. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. SIPP is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally.