FULL TIME DELIVERY DRIVER – Victoria (Saanich Area)
Shift: Full Time Shift (Monday – Friday)
UPS is currently looking for Full Time Courier Driver (Delivery Driver) to work based from our Victoria Package Operations Centre (Saanich BC).
- Position: Full-Time Driver (Delivery Driver)
- Schedule: Monday to Friday*
- Scheduled shift: varies based on operational requirements*
- Package Center location: 200 - 770 Enterprise Crescent, Victoria BC
*Schedules are based on operational requirements. Shift hours may slightly vary and will be subject to change.
On a daily basis, UPS Drivers are to complete pre-trip and post-trip inspections on their assigned vehicle. Also, they are responsible in completing their daily delivery and pick-up schedules. They should be comfortable using road maps and other trip planning aids and be able to solve dispatch problems on route.
In this role, you will also be responsible for loading, unloading and sorting packages in your delivery vehicle.
If this sounds like your ideal opportunity, we want to hear from you!
- Excellent Customer Service skills;
- Excellent Verbal Communications skills;
- Ability to follow set and standard procedures;
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License (Class 5 or Canadian Equivalent);
- Must have a clean driver's abstract
- Able to occasionally lift up to 70-lbs (32-kg) unassisted;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, physically demanding delivery environment;
What we offer:
UPS offers a competitive compensation package which includes a guaranteed wage progression, guaranteed top rate, annual cost of living adjustments, benefit options including health and dental coverage, group insurance plan, paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan and an unlimited opportunity to grow within the company.
Our employee benefits include the following:
- Training and Development: UPS provides full training for all positions to ensure safety and compliance to policies and regulations;
- Weekly Compensation: Employees are paid on a weekly basis, every Friday;
- Guaranteed Wage Progression: Employees are to receive guaranteed wage progression with a guaranteed top rate. On completing progression, UPS Drivers receive a top rate of above $30.00¹ per hour;
- Generous Benefits Package: All UPS employees have extended health, dental, and vision benefits. UPS drivers have a Defined Benefit Pension Plan;
- Promotion From Within: UPS is a globally known brand and has expanded in many countries and so UPS offers lots of room for advancement in many areas of the business;
- Employee Discounts: All UPS employees have the chance to take advantage in employee discounts when purchasing UPS merchandise and other brands;
UPS Canada is a Federally Regulated Workplace.
¹Conditions Apply. Based on Guaranteed Wage Progression. Current effective wage is based on regular wage plus rate premiums. Speak with the Talent Acquisitions team for more information on how these rate premiums enhances your pay
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work required for the position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
All driver candidates must successfully complete a series of interviews and a driving competency test in order to qualify. Background and reference checks will also be required.
UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions. At UPS, we discover how to combine endless opportunities, innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture, you’ll always find new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education, to growth and empowerment, you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.