Reporting to the Head Grower, the Delivery Driver is responsible for the loading, storage (in vehicle) and delivery of goods to customers located across the greater Victoria area.
Victoria (Central Saanich), British Columbia
· Operating a commercial vehicle to deliver goods to customers located across the greater Victoria area in adherence with strict delivery schedules and with a positive, professional attitude.
· Running errands and picking up supplies/ parts for the farm as needed.
· Working with the packing lead to load and effectively store goods in the delivery vehicle for transport.
· Following all occupational health and safety regulations and protocols at all times.
As a small business with dynamic needs, not all duties and responsibilities can be documented. All employees in the company are expected to be flexible and adaptable with a willingness to take on new and different work, as required and as the business necessitates.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
· Class 5 driver’s license with a clean abstract; air brakes endorsement is considered an asset.
· Forklift experience is considered an asset.
· Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS) and First Aid / CPR is considered an asset.
· Ability to communicate in Spanish is considered an asset
· Strong work ethic, honest, customer service focus, and positive “can do” team attitude.
· Ability to lift more than 50lbs, load/unload product and work in a physically demanding environment for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather conditions.
· Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.