Creative Design Lead
The Number CreativeVictoria, BC25 days ago
Location: 2725 Rock Bay Avenue, Victoria BC, V8T 4R8
A bit about us:
The Number Creative is a full service design, production, and marketing agency operating in Victoria, BC since 2003. We work on projects small and large, and like to build long-term mutually beneficial relationships. We not only work with all the standard media — web, print, photo, video, apps, media installations — but also strive to create unique ways of interacting with technology, engaging audiences, sparking dialogues and communicating values.
- An exciting portfolio of works
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Ability to create, launch, manage, and refresh brands
- Adaptability to design for almost any scenario: print, identity, web, mobile, large-format, social, etc.
- Ability to meet with clients, understand their wants and needs, and interpret their vision - then translate it to creative pieces that work
- Create functional, contemporary, realistic web designs
- Understand the possibilities and limitations of CSS, JS, Bootstrap and Wordpress to design effectively
- A strong understanding of designing through process - research, strategy, design, implementation, revision
- Eagerness to continually improve - skills, process, outputs, communications, experience
Priorities for you will be:
- Creative brand design
- Proper Print Production
- Web Design
- Fun, positive
- Continuous learner and can figure things out
- Eager, determined
- Time-management and time-tracking
- Work collaboratively, but lead your own creative
- Takes constructive criticism as an opportunity to improve
- Can give honest and fair critiques of others’ works
- Juggle multiple projects for multiple clients and multiple formats simultaneously
- Adobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom
- Should know these inside and out
- Sketch App
- Be able to build design systems that are easy to update, modify and share
- G Suite
- Video editing (Adobe Premiere)
- Motion Graphics (Adobe After Effects)
- DSLR Photography - candid, studio, product, environment
- Asana & Harvest
What we offer:
- We love our community and our roster of local business clients, and large tourism projects
- Great vibes. We do our best to keep it light!
- Really though, we are basically a big group of friends - we like to have fun at work and care about one another.
- Flexible work environment - remote or office wherever you want to be
- Competitive Salary, Health & Dental Coverage.
- Coffee, Kombucha, Beer Fridge, Affordable local food – we’ll keep you fuelled up
- Centrally located, easy to reach office via bike and transit
Why should you even work here?
We believe in people, work and value. That means flexible hours, health/dental benefits, meeting and collaborating with wonderful individuals, an eclectic work environment, extra-curricular summer gardening, lite socialism, strong opinions about sourdough and other fermented goods. It means contributing to original, unique, engaging projects with purpose. It means helping people put their dreams out in the world, and sharing a drink at the end of the day to celebrate.
Want to join our team as a Creative Lead Please add a cover letter to tell us a bit about yourself! Also include your resume and samples of your work.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Experience: Graphic design: 3 years (preferred)
Work remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place