Affirm is evolving, but its mission remains the same: to deliver honest financial products that improve lives. The Content Design team’s work is crucial to fulfilling that mission. We’re looking for a mid-level content designer (content strategist, UX writer) who shares our passion to revolutionize credit — and have fun doing it — to join our small but mighty team.
The Content Designer in this role will work on high-priority projects as an embedded partner of a product team. You’ll design and iterate on various aspects of the way people pay with Affirm, taking features from discovery all the way through A/B testing. You’ll own and shape the voice of our products, focusing both on longer-term strategy and more tactical day-to-day writing. And you’ll join forces with four other content designers who share feedback, insights, and camaraderie as we build out the content design practice at Affirm.
To achieve success in this role, you excel at collaborating with cross-functional partners. You ask insightful questions that uncover gaps and propel teams forward. You move easily between big-picture thinking and fine tuning details. You’re great at communicating, explaining your reasoning, and advocating for the user. And, of course, you’re an excellent writer!
What You'll Do
- Work cross-functionally with PMs, designers, researchers, and engineers at all stages of the product development process — from ideas to optimizations.
- Contribute your expertise to product strategy and vision (not just “how it should look,” but “what should we build?”).
- Develop first principles at the org, team, and project levels. Help create artifacts to scale our team’s reach beyond our embedded teams.
- Shape product experiences through information architecture, content hierarchy, usability principles, accessibility, and other best practices.
- Work closely with stellar legal and compliance partners to fine-tune language where needed.
- Write human UX content that is clear, consistent, concise, and engaging.
- Create and collaborate on user flows, communications (like texts and emails), test prototypes, research questions, and more.
- Bring your keen sense of usability to participate in design sprints for new products, helping define flows and features.
- Participate in our greater writing community at Affirm, including brand and technical writers.
- Advance brand voice across our products.
What We Look For
- 2-4 years of UX writing experience, both for web and native products.
- A BA or BS in a related field (English, journalism, communications, human factors), or equivalent experience.
- A demonstrated portfolio of your work thinking strategically across multiple consumer experiences and shipping successful in-app/web experiences in a fast-paced environment. (Required)
- Experience and interest in financial services is a plus.
- You are deeply fluent in all-around writing skills — you’re a language nerd who lives and breathes UX writing.
- You think strategically — you’re comfortable working on complex systems and frame your work around business objectives.
- You work independently with confidence and authority — and with minimal oversight.
- You love to collaborate and advocate for the user and for content design.
- You're creative — you’re a great storyteller with the ability to persuade.
- You value and enjoy doing user research.
- You advocate for a content-first approach to design!