WHO WE ARE
Flytographer connects people with local photographers in 350+ cities worldwide for fun, hassle-free photoshoots that last about an hour. We offer vacation shoots, surprise proposals, and hometown photo shoots, and we recently launched The Modern Headshot — personal branding lifestyle photos.
We're looking for our next Concierge to help people around the world “celebrate their stories” through photography.
The Concierge role is a customer service position that is an integral part of the Flytographer team - they work remotely, but are based in Victoria. Reporting to the Head of Concierge, they are the first point-of-contact for customers and responsible for overseeing their journey with Flytographer—from booking their shoot and preparing for the day, to delivering photos and following up for feedback. As a liaison between photographers, customers and our product team, the Concierge will bring unique insight to the product team on how to optimize the customer and photographer experience. They also have a passion for, and personal experience as a photographer.
- Love travel, photography, and connecting with people from countries all over the world.
- Are intelligent, creative, results-oriented, and ready to make an impact.
- Bring a positive energy to those around you and believe most people have good intentions.
- Are excited at the idea of playing a key role in helping people capture treasured memories for life.
- Are aligned with our core values of celebrate, community, curiosity, diversity & inclusion, and integrity.
- Are willing to work one weekend day per week (Saturday or Sunday) 9am-5pm. This is a requirement for this role.
- Are based in Victoria, BC and able to work a PST schedule.
- 5-star-hotel level of customer service. You understand that it's all about making things easy for our customers and delivering a fantastic experience throughout the customer's entire journey with a brand.
- Interest in photography as an art form and at least amateur-level photography skills and knowledge.
- Strong sense of accountability and integrity.
- Phenomenal attention to detail & organizational skills.
- Multi-tasking super powers.
- Tech savvy, and you learn cloud-based software tools quickly.
- You are results-oriented and your follow-through is second to none.
- The ability to work independently, learn quickly and adapt to change.
- Great at identifying opportunities to improve a process or suggest new ideas.
- A team player and enjoy working in a culture where "lifting others up" is the default mentality. You connect with different cultures easily and respectfully.
- A natural problem-solver and take the initiative to find solutions on your own, but are willing to ask for help if you are still stuck.
- Prior work experience in a service-based role.
- Legally able to work in Canada
NICE TO HAVE:
- Fluent in a second language
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS ROLE AT FLYTOGRAPHER
- Inclusive, diverse culture where empathy and respect for others is non-negotiable. Flytographer is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Growth opportunities. We will invest in you and cultivate your career growth as part of our 90:10 program. 10% of your time will be dedicated to developing skills in an area you are passionate and curious about by owning special projects, learning new skills, and working with cross-functional teams.
- An opportunity to deepen your photography skills and knowledge.
- A healthy work-life balance is prioritized. Turn your work off at the end of the day.
- Your voice matters. As a small, but quickly scaling company, we welcome ideas from all team members, and everyone has an effect on shaping growth, innovation and company culture.
- Making history. You will make an impact helping customers capture some of the happiest, most important moments of their lives. We’ve captured over 3 million memories to-date.
- Getting to connect with and support our community of incredible photographers worldwide (make new friends!)
- Be a part of a small team of down to earth, curious, kind, fun, amazing people!