Western Stevedoring is a diversified marine logistics company committed to the success of our people, our customers and our communities. Our operations at the Victoria Cruise & Deep Water
Terminal focuses on terminal/marine operations for cruise, cargo, and fibre optic cable ships as well as a variety of service vessels. Shore-based operations include warehouse storage, facility
rentals, and community events.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Operations Assistant to further support our team as our business continues to grow in all sectors. Reporting to the Terminal Manager, this Individual will
support the delivery of operational excellence in all areas of responsibility.
• Ensure our Terminal Safety Program is compliant by conducting audits/inspections and
that residual action items have been successfully completed.
• Maintain the integrity of our Marine Facility Security Plan through oversight of our
environmental initiatives such as maintaining our Green Marine Certification/annual audit and
conducting monthly water sample testing preparation.
• Support terminal repairs and maintenance programs by assisting with the following:
o scheduling and liaising with facility maintenance contractors
o scheduling and overseeing equipment repairs
o maintaining maintenance, repair and inspection records
• Support ship operations with preparations for the arrival of vessels by arranging
terminal equipment and supplies as required.
• Support all ancillary operations as required.
Required Skills / Attributes:
• Demonstrate strong communication/organizational skills
• Maintain a solution driven mindset while delivering in a time sensitive environment
• Highly functioning team player and able to work effectively under pressure
• Possess relevant post-secondary education and/or experience working in the
logistics/distribution/safety field in a heavy industry setting
Western Stevedoring offers a competitive compensation and benefits program. To apply, please
forward your resume to email@example.com. To learn more about our
rations, please review our website at www.westeve.com.