Full or part time RN positions as part of the Victoria Health Co-op’s Care Team
The Victoria Health Co-op (VHC) is a volunteer-run, not-for-profit co-op working to enhance the health and wellness in the wider community. Guided by the World Health Organization’s (WHO) definition of health (“a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being”), the VHC organizes and supports wellness programs for members and the wider community, encouraging and empowering individuals and groups to adopt healthy lifestyle practices and move towards well-being.
This role would be best suited to experienced RNs (preferably with BSN) with a good breadth of experience, focused on community wellness, and ready to take their clinical expertise beyond the hospital/acute care setting.
Each VHC RN identifies, develops and presents educational programs in accordance with health and wellness needs of the community. As part of a diverse team of healthcare practitioners at the Cook Street Activity Center a holistic wellness approach is vital, as are excellent communication, problem solving and independent working skills, and collaboration with other health care team members, clients and caregivers to design, coordinate, implement and evaluate the plan of care for community clients.
The VHC RNs will provide care and treatment within RN scope, role and function in areas which may include: wound and skin care, medication management and teaching, home visits, and chronic disease screening and management.
This role centers on wellness promotion and education around self-management principles, behavioural change theories/strategies and utilizing adult learning theories to support optimal health, and informed decision-making.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of an accredited Registered Nurse program. A BSN is preferred.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse in good standing with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives.
- Recent, relevant experience as a primary care or community RN is preferred.
- CPR/AED Level C certificate.
- Ability to operate related equipment and technology including relevant computer applications ie; Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Hold a valid BC Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
Here are more reasons why you should apply!
- Attractive and competitive compensation, in line with the BCNU wage grid. (This is a non unionized position)
- Flexible hours and days of work
- Dedicated support team that is committed to upholding the co-operative values and principles.