As one of Canada's top insurance broker, Western creates security and provides customized insurance solutions to over 1 million Canadians. For over a century, we've secured our neighbours' future by building enduring relationships and staying true to our Guiding Principles and customer-centric values.
COMMERCIAL INSURANCE ADVISOR - WESTERN EXPRESS BUSINESS
Provide our clients the coverage they need by building strong business relationships.
As part of the new Western Express Business (WEB) team, you will be part of a team of Commercial Insurance Advisors managing a national book of small business accounts. You will report to the Commercial Manager, Western Express Business and have the opportunity to offer this new and dynamic service for our clients under a specified premium threshold.
- Assist customers with their daily insurance needs via phone, in person and by email
- Follow up on all client accounts to resolve outstanding activities
- Remain up to date on product knowledge and build relationships with insurance providers
- Review client data entries, invoicing and coverage selection for compliance
- Complete certificate issuance for new business and renewal clients
- Process changes to insurance policies and endorsements
- Assist with the administration of the commercial book of business accurately and efficiently
- Conduct sales calls and up-sell products to new and existing clients to contribute to the growth of the business
- Continue self-development through industry and community involvement, training and other courses
Our Team Environment
We work together every day to build authentic relationships, with our customers and with each other. We enjoy a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment, and make an effort to celebrate everyone’s successes on the team. We value hard work and making sure our customers have the accurate coverage they need because we can see the difference this makes in our community.
- General Insurance Level 1 License is required, Level 2 is an asset
- Experience achieving sales targets individual and as a team
- Well versed in navigating multiple computer programs as once
- Involvement in industry related associations and your community
- Preferred understanding of policy wordings/coverage’s
- Strong sales and communication skills
- Working experience in EPIC an asset
Hours: Full Time – 37.5 hours/week
Location: Remote locations available
Requisition #: 70709
Western takes pride in providing programs that add value to our people’s lives – after all, they are our greatest asset! Eligible employees are offered competitive compensation packages consisting of 3 weeks’ vacation, paid personal days, paid wellness days, company matching investment and savings programs, and 100% employer paid group benefits which includes a health care spending account.
Western Financial Group has its own charitable foundation, Western Financial Group Communities Foundation.