WHO WE ARE:
The Root Cellar Village Green Grocer is your fresh & innovative destination market for extraordinary food experiences.
We are a market amongst many, but our business model stands alone by providing an experiential shopping atmosphere driven by a passion for sustainability, and a locally focused purchasing philosophy. We are a family business, founded in 2008 with a firm stance behind our motto ‘farm fresh, dirt cheap, delicious’ and a drive to brighten every customer’s day that has resulted in our little market becoming a bustling community hub, now providing Vancouver Island’s largest selection of local, organic, and conventional produce, a full service butcher and deli, a boutique florist and garden centre, artisanal grocery, dairy & breads, a bulk foods section and most recently a new coffee bar, bringing us to over 10,000 square feet, buzzing with over 120 employees.
At The Root Cellar, we believe that time spent gathered around the table is what connects us as people, families & communities. Good food is essential not only for survival but for our human need for togetherness. We want our customer’s experience of food to be extraordinary, beginning with their visit to The Root Cellar. To create this experience we seek passionate individuals, driven by a shared love of food, experience, and impact. We value integrity, candor, a sense of humour and individuals whose drive for excellence results in a more rewarding work experience for all – together we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the community where we live, work & play.
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Coffee Project Manager is responsible for leading all Team Members in the efficient and profitable operation of the department. The Manager works alongside the Management team to foster a positive and healthy work environment that provides excellent service to Team Members and customers alike. The successful candidate will set the tone and personality of the Coffee Project by creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere, while upholding all company policies and procedures.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Actively work towards creating an outstanding customer experience through fantastic service and high-quality food & beverage preparation.
- Ensure all food and beverage offerings are of high-quality standards and adhere to food safety regulations.
- Maintain a clean, visually appealing, and well-merchandised sales floor.
- Oversee the training and development of the Coffee Project team to cultivate a professional, friendly, efficient, and fun working environment.
- Ensure proper team member coverage by scheduling for operational requirements while adhering to labour budgets.
- Order and monitor stock of products, ingredients, packaging, and supplies.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with supplier representatives.
- Maintain a clean and organized backstock with appropriate inventory levels.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE COMES EQUIPPED WITH:
- Minimum 2-3 years restaurant/coffee/retail management experience in a self-directed leadership role.
- Expert knowledge of coffee blends and specialty drinks.
- Hands on management skills with a track record of consistently improving sales performance through best practices, team building, and store operations strategies.
- Strong leadership skills that will inspire, motivate, and develop a team.
- Proactive approach to problem solving and the ability to creatively troubleshoot difficult situations.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to adapt to changing priorities and multi-task effectively in a busy retail store environment.
- A high level of self accountability, and an appreciation for details & organization.
This is a full time position commencing promptly. This role is entitled to a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, an employee & family assistance package, as well as a 20% Team Member discount in store. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
If you are interested in applying for this career opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter.
We look forward to meeting you!
* applications received without a cover letter will not be considered.
POSTING ID: 003