Position Title: Client Support Technician
Closing Date: September 3, 2021
Pay Range: 18
Bi-Weekly Salary: $2,512.16 to $2,866.43
Bi-weekly Work Schedule: 75 hours
Location: Regional, BC
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Service Delivery Unit: Service Desk
Planned Start Date: September 27, 2021
The Client Support Technician provides first tier problem diagnosis and response to calls from a variety of clients, monitors the IMAC perform queue throughout the province and installs basic software and moves hardware, assist with ID Admin Workstation create and modify requests. This position also provides on-site and remote information systems technology assistance and resolution of routine and non-routine problems. This position may also be responsible for maintenance of the Asset Database which enables the client to monitor which assets are allocated to Client Users. This position functions in a high-volume environment with diverse and high impact problems. Detailed accountabilities are available at the end of this posting.
A. Driver’s License and regular access to vehicle
B. Experience in the following:
- Troubleshooting and resolving PC hardware and software issues, including Microsoft Windows Operating System issues.
- Providing first level customer facing phone and email support.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems in a networked office environment, including a range of technology such as printers, computers, peripherals and mobile devices.
- Creating and modifying workstations in Active Directory.
Skills and Abilities
We are looking for:
- An excellent communicator able to connect with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds, both orally and in writing, and discuss complex and technical information at an appropriate level with the goal of providing a service.
- An individual able to deal effectively with resistant, demanding and sometimes frustrated individuals or groups at various levels within the customer organization while remaining focused on outcomes, and responding appropriately.
- A team player willing to contribute to the team objectives by providing assistance or service to other team members and resolving issues that affect the team.
- A proactive individual who organizes and manages fluctuating workload effectively, efficiently and independently in a variety of operational settings, achieving results within the assigned time frames.
- An individual who enjoys research and investigation. It includes assessing problems and situations, referring to applicable policies and guidelines, and identifying practical and creative options to develop or recommend appropriate courses of action.
- A resourceful individual who applies information technology to efficiently troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software problems with computers, printers, peripherals and handheld devices A customer-oriented individual committed to quality of work and service excellence
Additional information for applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, please visit https://www.ismcanada.com/careers to complete a mandatory pre-screening questionnaire. Please make sure you provide detailed information as ISM cannot make assumptions about your qualifications.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined in the Position Requirements section above.
This position can be done virtually, however, the candidate has to reside in the Province of British Columbia, due to the union certification requirements
An eligibility list might be created.