Client Business Consultant
BC Public ServiceVictoria, BC2 months ago
Location: Victoria, BC V9B6X2 CA (Primary)
Salary Range: $77,971.00 - $89,102.00 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
Close Date: 5/6/2021
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date: 9/30/2022
Ministry/Organization BC Public Service -> Min of Trans & Infrastructure
Ministry Branch / Division Information Management Branch
Client Business Consultant
Information Systems R30
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
There is currently one temporary opportunity available.
An excellent opportunity to join this dynamic team and apply your technological skills
The Client Business Consultant is responsible for enablement of client business goals with technology products and services. Functions as senior leader in the Information Management Branch, and as the client’s trusted advisor through gaining a deep understanding of client’s business, vision, needs and goals. Identifies and executes on opportunities to enable those goals. Builds and actively manages executive-level (i.e. Assistant Deputy Minister, Executive Director) relationships with clients, partners, and stakeholders. Directs and leads IMB, partner, or contractors on major project and client initiatives. Responsible for overall client satisfaction with IM/IT service delivery, Client Business Managers hold a leadership role in identifying priorities, setting direction, developing agreements, managing expectations, leading IM/IT resources, and ensuring successful delivery and client return on investment.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Ivan.Rincon@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science field, business or equivalent AND four (4) years of *related experience; OR,
- Diploma in computer science field, business or equivalent AND six (6) years of *related experience; OR,
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent (GED) AND eight (8) years of *related experience.
*Related experience must include ALL of the following:
- Four (4) years of experience in directing the work for other project managers, business analysts, professional employees, or consultants.
- Four (4) years of experience supervising staff.
- Four (4) years of experience providing business analysis for key front line systems.
- Two (2) years of experience managing relationships with senior level stakeholders.
- Two (2) years of experience in budget management.
- Two (2) years of experience with procurement processes and contract development.
Preference may be given to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Experience with government processes and contract development process.
- Experience with enterprise architecture methodology and framework - TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework) training or similar certification.
- Experience with ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) service lifecycle and processes training or certification.
- Designation as a Project Management Professional, or as a Certified Business Analyst Professional, or equivalent.
- Willing and able to learn new technologies on the job.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
CRC - A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES - Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES - As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Job Category: Information Management/Information Technology