City of VictoriaVictoria, BC14 days ago
Closing date: April 20, 2021
Clerk (up to 6 Auxiliary positions)
Do you have an administrative background with a passion for customer service? The City of Victoria is looking for customer service and administrative professionals who have a positive attitude, like to work in a team, and enjoy serving the public in a high-paced environment.
At times, the City requires professionals on a temporary or on-call basis for a range of positions across all departments. If you have a strong background providing administrative support and customer service, and are looking for variety and flexibility of short term assignments and casual hours, this is an opportunity for you.
Potential assignments include:
- Administrative Support: Composing correspondence; including preparation of a variety of letters, memos, permits, forms and reports; maintain supply and publication inventories; booking City vehicles, equipment, and meeting rooms
- Connecting people to information and services: Responding to in-person, telephone and email enquiries from the public, outside agencies and other departments on wide variety of City services such as special events, garbage and recycling, bylaws, permits and licences, parking, utilities, and property taxes.
Perform clerical functions for various departments.
Type a variety of letters, memos, reports and forms from typed or handwritten copy; compile and update manual and computerized statistical records; maintain various manual and computerized filing systems; scan a variety of documents such as letters and archival material for computerized files; edit scanned images to ensure quality.
Respond to general enquiries from other departments by providing general information; take messages and direct calls; schedule appointments and meetings and book facilities.
Perform other clerical functions such as photocopying, collating and faxing; sort and distribute mail.
Perform related duties where qualified.
Work is performed according to established procedures or assigned by supervisor and is reviewed upon completion.
Problems involving deviations from established procedures are referred to supervisor.
Physical Effort: Sit with arms unsupported while keyboarding. (often)
Mental Effort: Normal.
Visual/Auditory Effort: Focus on a variety of source data and computer for short periods. (often)
Work Environment: Office.
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Organize and prioritize work.
- Working level operation of current City of Victoria word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Operate a variety of office equipment.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner.
Formal Education, Training and Occupational Certification: High school graduation.
Experience: 6 months of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER: May be requested to substitute in a more senior position.
Work schedule: As needed
$28.77 per hour, Pay Grade 4
Job Code # 4248
This is a CUPE Local 50 Position
To apply for this opportunity you will need to create an online profile or log back in to our career portal at www.victoria.ca/jobs - only online submission will be considered. All applications must be submitted online by 4:30 pm on the closing date noted on the posting. Please be prepared to provide proof of qualifications and supporting materials as outlined in your resume
City of Victoria is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment cycle and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at HR@victoria.ca